Broken Olypus C3030 zoom Lens unit rebuild instructions?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Tim, Nov 26, 2004.

  1. Tim

    Tim Guest

    This camera has been great, until droped onto the floor this week with
    lens extetion out. It got twisted when it hit floor. Now in pieces on
    my office table. Found the small metal pins on the zoom lens cover had
    poped out. I cannot see how to put the lens unit back together without
    stressing it all. Can anyone help me with the rebuild instructions.

    Info

    3x optical zoom
    2.5 Digital zoom
    olympus zoom 6.5-19.5mm 1:2.8
    3.3mp
    lens casing has a white 38 and 37 painted on it..
    lens cover also has P10 in the moulding.
    serial 112709624
    N547.

    Mant thanks Tim......

    Tim, Nov 26, 2004

  2. Tim

    Kevin Sinn Guest

    Hi Tim.

    Did the same thing to my C2000. It hit the ground with the lens extended
    and cracked the inside piece of the housing. It would have cost more to
    repair than the price of the C4000 I bought to replace it. Not sure if it's
    a do-it-yourself project - lenses are pretty precise instruments.

    Best of luck.
    Kevin

    Kevin Sinn, Nov 27, 2004