    www.pacifier.com/~snorman
    Any ideas?
    Sue Norman

    Sue Norman, Mar 27, 2005

  2. Sue Norman

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Re-upload them.

    pcbutts1, Mar 27, 2005

  3. Sue Norman

    Sue Norman Guest

    I have tried to re-upload them MANY times. :(

    Sue Norman, Mar 27, 2005
  4. Sue Norman

    DC Guest

    <q>
    Best Viewed with IE
    </q>

    Why?

    DC, Mar 27, 2005
  5. Sue Norman

    doS Guest

    I assume you design the page yourself, correct? Relink the photos to the
    current page.

    doS, Mar 27, 2005
  6. Sue Norman

    Sue Norman Guest

    Because the fonts all came in correctly with IE when I first put it
    together. To be honest I don't think it matters anymore.

    Sue Norman, Mar 27, 2005
  7. Sue Norman

    Sue Norman Guest

    Ok, I feel really stupid asking, but how do I do this? I use netscape
    composer and to put pictures on the page I use the "image" tab, hit
    browse and select the picture. I save the page then use the WS_FTP
    program. The pictures that are showing broken were fine last week. Some
    of them have been there for a couple of years. I have even downloaded
    another WS_FTP program and it will load everything perfect except those
    pictures.

    Sue Norman, Mar 27, 2005
  8. The images seem to be in the same directory as that home page. If I
    take the directory of that home page:

    http://www.pacifier.com/~snorman/

    and add to it the name of your flag image, I get:

    http://www.pacifier.com/~snorman/usflagmedb.gif

    That renders the flag image.

    Now look at the source code for that page. Look at the paths you show
    for your image sources (img src). Those paths are on YOUR COMPUTER;
    the site is not hosted there.

    Killing all of the local path references shown for the img src
    attributes for that main page, and just show img src as [file.ext].
    (Look at source for your gallery page, which works fine, and you'll
    see that that's how that page is done.)

    Something you're using - that WYSIWYG application you use for making
    the site - has changed your img src paths so that they point to YOUR
    LOCAL COMPUTER, not the proper location on the one that's hosting your
    site.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 27, 2005
  9. Sue Norman

    doS Guest

    If you have renamed the pics, it won't work unless you change the webpage to
    relect the new names. See Blinkys post.

    doS, Mar 27, 2005
  10. That's the problem. What you do is you learn something about HTML, so
    you're not dependent on What You See Obviously Isn't What You Get
    editing crutches, and you recode as necessary.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 27, 2005
  11. Pics are available by current names (at least the one I checked). The
    errors are path errors. Paths point to the wrong computer.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 27, 2005
  12. Sue Norman

    Sue Norman Guest

    YEA!!! Sweet success!! Thank you so much!!! Thanks for being patient and
    helping me. I know where I went wrong. This newsgroup rocks. Whew, I can
    sleep now. (Until the next time I get stumped in which case I will come
    here much sooner.)
    Thanks again!
    Sue

    Sue Norman, Mar 27, 2005