    I mean, can we have a lower price and a better sound-quality
    of the codecs and transmissions? it could be possible?

    thanks

    hyuui, Nov 6, 2004

  2. I have been using it for nearly two weeks and it has worked great

    Jonathan

    Jonathan Roberts, Nov 7, 2004

  3. I've had BroadVoice for 10 days so far. We've made about 15 calls to
    Greece and 3 calls each to Paris and London. Every call has been very
    good, much better than Global Crossings and cheaper. No idea how the
    quality compares to other VOIP providers.

    The $24.95 plan includes more countries than the $19.95 plan.

    Darrell Frappier Detroit MI N3JWJ darrell at frappier dot us

    Darrell Frappier, Nov 7, 2004
  4. hyuui

    pilavdzic Guest

    I have had them for almost a month now. Sometimes they are good quality
    but every week or two they seem to have some problems. For exampl
    right now I have not been able to make a clear call for about 3-4 days

    When it works it is a really good deal. Vonage quality and reliabilit
    is infinitely better though. Even when it works fine, the quality isn'
    quite good enough to connect a modem through, but you can do this o
    Vonage with no problems.

    The only reason I switched away from Vonage is their retarded policy o
    charging so dam much for the softphone usage. I don't want to carr
    around that stupid box everywhere when I travel. Thats the whole poin
    of VOIP, wake up Vonage!

    Anyhow, Broadvoice is much cheaper, they are nice and friendly too i
    you ever reach a tech support person (this is the other difference fro
    Vonage, u usually can't get through to tech support unless u call a
    like 3AM it just says leave a message and they never call back...).

    Anyhow, yes it really is a really good deal, when it works. But ofte
    it does not, and those users who posted good things above probabl
    havn't used it that much. Check other forums and posts and ppl wil
    tell you every week or two they have problems. I'm hanging in wiht the
    to give them a chance to fix this.. If they dont' soon I'll ahve to g
    back to Vonage because if I can't talk to ppl when I want to it doesn'
    do me any good

    pilavdzic, Dec 18, 2004
  5. hyuui

    pilavdzic Guest

    As far as I know u can't use other codecs to answer the last part o
    your question. Its G711u only

    pilavdzic, Dec 18, 2004
  6. hyuui

    Carlos Guest

    I agree Vonage charge for Soft_Phone, check iconnecthere.com they charge
    nothing for softphone and voice quality is very, thats my experience, I will
    try LINGO that have my area code.

    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 19, 2004
  7. hyuui

    Carlos Guest

    I have subcribed to "Broadvoice" today I have a Grandstream Handy-tone 286.
    What do you have? I will use and see their quality. The have my area code which
    is important.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Dec 20, 2004