    I can receive emails ok, but I can't send any. Are there any settings or
    anything else I can change?

    Cheers.

    shoogly, Jun 23, 2004

  2. shoogly

    °Mike° Guest

    Yes, connect to your Lineone account to send mail.
    Pipex are correctly prohibiting you from sending whilst
    connected to another ISP, to prevent relaying (spam).

    °Mike°, Jun 23, 2004

  3. shoogly

    Livewire Guest

    You might be able to find a web-based email supplier that will
    "collect" emails from other accounts and make them available through its
    account. For example, my mobile phone company email account in the UK
    will collect emails from any or all of my email addresses so I can view
    them on my mobile. I can also simply get at them on my PC through my
    mobile's website.

    There are some email newsgroups. They might be able to help.

    Livewire, Jun 23, 2004
  4. shoogly

    lane Guest

    lane, Jun 23, 2004
  5. shoogly

    D Guest

    Yr Lineone account may have the facility to forward mail to another address,
    most do

    D, Jun 23, 2004
  6. shoogly

    Guest Guest

    Just temporarily disconnect/disable your Pipex connection
    and dial-up to your lineone account as before - assuming it
    was PAYG. If it wasn't PAYG then they may have a PAYG tariff
    you can change to.

    Or, get an ISP-independent email account and use that for
    outgoing mail as well as incoming, whilst you phase out any
    use of your lineone account. You can set up automatic
    collection or automatic forwarding to cater for those who
    are still sending to your old address. If you advise those
    that matter of your new address, eventually all you will
    have coming to the old address is spam - at wich point you
    can cancel it.

    Guest, Jun 23, 2004
  7. shoogly

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, shoogly mused:

    | I have recently installed broadband at home, my firm are paying for it &
    | they decided that I should use Pipex Broadband.
    |
    | However I would still like to send & receive mail via my lineone account.
    |
    | I can receive emails ok, but I can't send any. Are there any settings or
    | anything else I can change?

    If I am reading you correctly, when connected to Pipex, you can download
    mail from your Lineone account without problems. However, you cannot send
    email through your Lineone account. If these assumptions are correct, then
    do the following:

    In your mail program, edit your outgoing mail server information for
    your Lineone account to read the same at the outgoing server for Pipex.
    This should download mail from the Lineone server, but send your replies
    through the Pipex server ... but with your Lineone reply address (so the
    difference is transparent to the recipient).

    mhicaoidh, Jun 24, 2004