    I have 2mb broadband but use a LAN-usb converter as my old machine has no
    lan socket and only usb1. Am i likely to be losing out on speed with this
    setup or not?

    SS, Sep 29, 2006

  2. SS

    Meat Plow Guest

    Not.

    Meat Plow, Sep 29, 2006

  3. SS

    PeeCee Guest

    From

    http://www.everythingusb.com/usb2/faq.htm

    USB 1.1 allowed a maximum transfer rate of 12Mbits/second. It is now
    obsolete, but both of its speeds (1.5Mbps & 12Mbps) are being adopted into
    USB 2.0...

    Which means you will only suffer if your LAN - USB converter talks to your
    PC at the low 1.5 Mbps speed.
    AFAIK the low speed was for hardware like keyboards and mice so you should
    be OK.

    Paul.

    PeeCee, Sep 30, 2006