    broadband in my area. Any ideas what the site is?

    Thanks,

    Dave

    David Day, Jul 19, 2005

  2. David Day

    Pennywise Guest

    Pennywise, Jul 19, 2005

  3. David Day

    David Day Guest

    Thanks but that's not quite what I wanted, I didn't make myself clear. I
    want to know if I can get 8mb, 4mb, 2mb or just 1mb. I'm sure there is a
    site that tells u and all u need is a postcode or phone number.

    David Day, Jul 19, 2005
  4. David Day

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter, Jul 19, 2005
  5. David Day

    Pennywise Guest

    |>> http://www.dslreports.com/stest?loc=97
    |>> --

    |>Thanks but that's not quite what I wanted, I didn't make myself clear. I
    |>want to know if I can get 8mb, 4mb, 2mb or just 1mb. I'm sure there is a
    |>site that tells u and all u need is a postcode or phone number.

    You were vague but I was cover'd :)

    That site also has a message board and site evaluation for your area.

    Pennywise, Jul 19, 2005
  6. David Day

    why? Guest

    You could have said that the 1st time, guessing just makes things less
    fun.

    It appears you also didn't specify where 'in my area' was.

    Perhaps you are like many others and don't know that the newsgroup you
    posted to is a public group not associated with any service provider and
    carried on servers all over the world

    It may also help to say if your broadband is cable or DSL. Although
    there are several clues in the headers of your post.

    Maybe you want to change ISP or not, is another factor to consider.

    Maybe you want to check with your ISP
    http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/broadband_premier.shtml
    2Mb broadband as standard - up to 40x times faster than dial-up

    Super-fast 4Mb and 8Mb speeds coming soon.

    You are most like thinking of one of the UK Broadband sites and / or BT
    Broadband site where you can enter a phone number or postcode.

    Me

    why?, Jul 19, 2005
  7. David Day

    Flasher Guest

    http://www.samknows.com/broadband/

    Flasher, Jul 19, 2005
  8. David Day

    David Day Guest

    OK, Sorry, i thought that there was a site that u just put in the postcode
    and it would tell u when ur local exchange was likely to be upgraded.

    My area is northampton.
    I have dsl with plusnet.
    Yeah probably.
    Plusnet say soon for 4-8mb, but thats a bit vague, any idea roughly when?
    this year or next?

    Once again, sorry.

    David Day, Jul 19, 2005
  9. http://ancientneareast.tripod.com/Ur_Muqayyar.html

    And "u" isn't here, either. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 19, 2005
  10. David Day

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Where I live, broadband is usually set up within two weeks.

    Here's an idea: read your question out load to yourself before you post it.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 20, 2005
  11. David Day

    why? Guest

    There is it was mentioned above BT Broadband, the URL if you didn't find
    it anywhere yet is - www.bt.com/broadband/

    For UK broadband sites, of which there are several search www.google.com
    As this newsgroup nor I am related to plusnet you would have to contact
    them.
    :)

    Me

    why?, Jul 20, 2005
  12. David Day

    Barry OGrady Guest

    That's a good idea, but it must be out load.

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

    Barry OGrady, Jul 20, 2005
  13. David Day

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Ooops! The typo gremlin got me there again <g>

    Toolman Tim, Jul 21, 2005