    is working properly, as is my network.

    I'm not very computer savvy, so any help I can get would be greatly
    appreciated.

    hyperfuse, Dec 28, 2007

  2. hyperfuse

    Chris H Guest

    This newsgroup supports Microsoft's Broadband Networking brand hardware and
    software only, so you probably need to post to a general networking
    newsgroup or contact the support section for the manufacturer of your
    computer.

    First, are you turning off the wireless device (whatever it is) before you
    attempt to hook up the cable. If not, do so, and if it still doesn't work:

    Check in Device Manager, under Networking Devices and see if your Ethernet
    port is enabled on the computer that won't connect with an RJ-45 (Ethernet)
    cable. If it is disabled and not functioning, you may need to enable it or
    update the driver for it. It should be (other than perhaps a different
    brand card in the computer) the same setup as the computer that works okay.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    Chris H, Dec 28, 2007

  3. hyperfuse

    hyperfuse Guest

    Sorry for posting in the wrong place; I did fix the problem on my own. Sorry
    again.

    hyperfuse, Dec 28, 2007