    I'm stumped by this - the Intel is compatible with XP and XP itself is SP2.
    Any ideas?

    Thanks.

    NeilW, Mar 12, 2005

  2. NeilW

    TT Guest

    There's probably little connection with XP itself and the problem. That
    error means that a network/connection setting is probably not right. Do
    you another access number to use? You could try this...

    http://www.modemsite.com/56k/connectoidxpe.asp

    TT, Mar 12, 2005

  3. You didn't read the OP's question at all, did you?! He has *BROADBAND* -
    since when did you require a number to access a DSL connection? And then you
    compound your stupidity, by posting a link to an article dealing with *56k*.

    You're an idiot.

    Miss Perspicacia Tick, Mar 12, 2005
  4. I've been using Business Broadband without any problems for over a year
    now.
    Maybe one of these issues:

    1) Username and/or Password CASE SENSITIVE.
    2) MAC Address being monitored.
    3) Modem USB Software not installed.
    4) IP Address is Static in Computer

    RDO Computer Services, Mar 12, 2005
  5. NeilW

    yellodog Guest

    Try deleting and recreating the BB connection again and when it comes t
    the point of entering your user id and password type it first in not
    pad so you can see both user id and password then copy and paste int
    the proper locations of your new connectoid

    yellodog, Mar 18, 2005