    Q: How do you circumcise a Peterboro fan?
    A: Kick his sister in the jaw.

    Steve, Aug 17, 2004

  2. Steve

    Flying Rat Guest

    In article <cftlgc$k0b$>,
    says...
    > I have been experiencing a slowish connection for approx 3 months on my
    > freeserve/wanerdoo broadband. I put it down to me updrading my ZoneAlarm to
    > the Pro edition, but now I noice that on my connection Icon it shows that I
    > have two protocols downloading..........my usual TCP/IP and now a "Challenge
    > Handshake authentication Protocol" has appeared.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me if this a possible solution to my slowness problem.
    >
    > I have an up to date PC and use Windows ME. My BB connection is roughly 2
    > feet from the phone socket.
    >
    > Many thanks in advance
    >
    > Steve

    Have a look here http://www.speedguide.net

    It's a useful site with lots of help and explanations, as well as setup
    tests and patches. I find it useful for tweaking my connection

    FR

    --

    www.flyingrat.net

    Flying Rat, Aug 17, 2004

  3. Steve

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Steve" <> wrote in

    > I have been experiencing a slowish connection for approx 3 months on
    > my freeserve/wanerdoo broadband. I put it down to me updrading my
    > ZoneAlarm to the Pro edition, but now I noice that on my connection
    > Icon it shows that I have two protocols downloading..........my usual
    > TCP/IP and now a "Challenge Handshake authentication Protocol" has
    > appeared.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me if this a possible solution to my slowness problem.
    >
    > I have an up to date PC and use Windows ME. My BB connection is
    > roughly 2 feet from the phone socket.

    The procol is valid and I don't think it would affect the connection
    being slow.

    http://www.javvin.com/protocolCHAP.html

    You may want to look around on your machine with Active Ports and Process
    Explorer and bothe are free.

    http://www.windowsecurity.com/articles/Hidden_Backdoors_Trojan_Horses_and
    _Rootkit_Tools_in_a_Windows_Environment.html

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Aug 18, 2004