    for a few years? Were you grateful when the United States allowed you
    to become part of the more modern world? Do any of you ever feel that
    you owe the the United States a great big thank you?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=28Ctrl=A4+/Alt+=A4/Del=A4+=29=2, Apr 5, 2006

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=28Ctrl=A4+/Alt+=A4/Del=A4+=29=2

    Trax Guest

    "(Ctrl¤+/Alt+¤/Del¤+)" <""Alt-Ctrl-Del\"@________------------{{{{
    }}}}.net"> wrote:

    |>Hello everyone,
    |>
    |>I remember the first time I visited this newsgroup back in 1996.
    |>There was not anyone from the U.K. or Australia here. When did
    |>technology first arrive in your lands? Do you think there would be an
    |>Internet today if not for the U.S.? Have all of you only had computers
    |>for a few years? Were you grateful when the United States allowed you
    |>to become part of the more modern world? Do any of you ever feel that
    |>you owe the the United States a great big thank you?

    Early 90's I ran a popular BBS and all the phone Phreakers were from
    Britain. The AmigA was very big in the UK, I got most of my software
    from there, so in that respect I thank them.

    Trax, Apr 5, 2006

  3. Why do you still use 110V, miles instead of kilometer and fahrenheit
    instead of celsius?

    Why are all your power lines hanging in the air instead of undergroud
    and why are your buildings insulated with grinded newspapers instead of
    glasswool?

    Why do you have to have metal detectors in school?

    Why can't people walk in the forest in your country without going to a
    national park?

    Roger Jansson, Apr 5, 2006
  4. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=28Ctrl=A4+/Alt+=A4/Del=A4+=29=2

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya t-Ctrl-Del.

    [Snip]

    1½/10

    Ponder, Apr 5, 2006
  5. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=28Ctrl=A4+/Alt+=A4/Del=A4+=29=2

    LB Guest

    why is Sweden overrun by Muslims & Malmo on fire?

    LB, Apr 5, 2006
  6. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=28Ctrl=A4+/Alt+=A4/Del=A4+=29=2

    dogsBollix Guest

    why did the muslims crash their planes in New York ?

    dogsBollix, Apr 5, 2006
    I wonder this, too

    Roger Jansson, Apr 5, 2006
  8. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=28Ctrl=A4+/Alt+=A4/Del=A4+=29=2

    pandamonium Guest

    Ah yes, around about the time Windows95 invented computers and AOL invented
    the internet.
    Well in those days most of the people on the net, at least the intelligent
    ones, knew what they were doing and didn't find much need for 24 hour
    support. Thanks to AOL and Windows95 the interweb-supermotorway-emailer
    thingy became accessible to everyone, backwater pikeys included.
    I'm not sure but I think they're still digging up artifacts of technology
    from 3000-2000BC - that's about 4000 to 5000 years ago.
    I think there'd probably be several. The US played its part in
    standardising what we now recognise as the Internet, although
    interconnected networks are not necessarily confined to this. Thanks to AOL
    even backwater pikeys can get "online OMG!!!1!! WTF!!!!!!1!!"
    Yeah, 23 years is relatively few when you think that us Brits were playing
    with computing machines when your lot were still shooting each other over
    lumps of shiny yellow metal someone dug out of the ground. (See Charles
    Babbage and California Gold Rush if you have difficulty with the
    connection)
    Yeah, the modern world where backwater pikeys can use the net to find
    themselves a new victim with "such a perrdy maaath boy!" The modern world
    where billions of dollars worth of military hardware are at the disposal of
    backwater pikeys who are willing to unleash it on anyone who looks at them
    funny. The modern world where the majority of 300 million backwater pikeys
    don't even realise yet that the planet is round, let alone that there are
    other lands beyond their shores.
    Yeah, thanks for AOL and Windows95 and helping millions of backwater pikeys
    get onto the net so they can make profoud statements in newsgroups. Thanks
    for rewriting history so that millions of backwater pikeys can be happy in
    the knowledge that Merkins have been saving the world for millions of years
    (even before Merka was invented!)

    Most of all, thanks for all the fish. Now so long!

    pandamonium, Apr 5, 2006
  9. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=28Ctrl=A4+/Alt+=A4/Del=A4+=29=2

    Duane Arnold Guest

    I guess the US government is going to do what it wants and really answers to
    no other government or governing body is the bottom line.
    I guess the US of A sees things different. After all, it was the US of A
    that invented the ability to deliver alternating current to the masses,
    which was capital venture with companies such a Westinghouse and Edison back
    in the day. So, I don't think anyone over here cares how power comes to a
    building as long as it gets there, which is done underground as well. It is
    what it is.
    The US of A was based on certain freedoms with one being the right to carry
    arms.

    Now, some citizens in the US of A young and old will abuse that freedom and
    weapons such as guns are easy to obtain due to this. Certain things must
    happen to protect the general populous as much as possible. With a school
    situation, kids are impulsive and will do first and ask questions later. So
    they have to be disarmed in a school satiation as much as possible.

    They can kill each other in the streets later, but while they are in school,
    they are there to learn. :)

    It's the Sign of the Times.
    The reason there are National parks is land developers wanting to develop
    the resources on the land laying it to waste after they were done. So, Teddy
    Roosevelt who was an out doors man had laws passed to prevent this from
    happening and setting aside vast land holding to preserve and protect them
    from land development to preserve these areas for future generations of US
    of A citizens to enjoy.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Apr 5, 2006
  10. Hiya t-Colin.

    2½/20

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=28Ctrl=A4+/Alt+=A4/Del=A4+=29=2, Apr 5, 2006
  11. Duane Arnold skrev:
    ok, that's nice. In sweden we have national parks, too. But this doesn´t
    stop people from being able to walk in private owned forests, too. We ha
    a law called "all mans right", which enablöes each and everyone to walk
    in the nature, regardless of the property owner.

    Roger Jansson, Apr 5, 2006
  12. No, no, I think you have that wrong Monium. Bill Gates invented
    computers and Windows 95, and Prodigy invented the Internet.
    It's Internet Super Highway crazy man. And it's E-mail, not emailer
    thingy. You *nglish are so behind the times it isn't even funny. BTW,
    why do you keep calling me a pike? Is that a form of praise? Do you
    think I am a fish or a spear? What exactly is a pikey?

    Oh, wait a minute, it is an ignorant *nglish term to describe poor
    people. You are a strange one Monium.
    And these forms of technology probably equal or surpass what the
    *nglish have managed to create in more modern times, say the last 100
    years. That is fascinating, maybe all of you can rediscover how to do
    things correctly.

    Like a bunch of baby Internets? How many Internets would you like to
    see Monium? Maybe 40 or 50?
    Wrong. The United States burst forth upon the world with one of the
    most outstanding inventions in the history of our planet. Is that
    what you meant by we played our small little part in the creation of
    the Internet? The *nglish never have been able to admit that America
    bests them at every turn, it damages their feeling of superiority.

    I don't personally use AOL, Monium, I would never choose that
    provider. But you sure seem to have a hatred for it. Almost like AOL
    beat you as a small child or something. Was AOL mean to Monium? Does
    Monium want to hurt big, bad, AOL? Anyway, the online world can rest
    assured that if there is a more uninformed and ignorant group of users
    than AOL'ers, it would be and most certainly is NTL users. Everyone
    knows that. Oops, you are using NTL aren't you Monium?

    Babbage didn't create the Internet though Monium, and you know it.
    You are obfuscating the issue at hand. Everyone knows that Al Gore
    invented the Internet. But he is an American last I checked.
    My goodness Monium, you seem absolutely about to fall off of your
    rocker. You are not even making sense anymore. Why the obsession
    with poor people? Is pikey a really bad word in *ngland? It is not
    even insulting to Americans, it is almost like you are just calling me
    a fish. Although that is Pike.
    Yeah Monium, when people kill our citizens, we don't take pictures of
    them like the *nglish do and consider that punishment enough. We
    don't let them march in our streets with cute little posters that say
    remember 7-7 or 9-11 like the *nglish government encourages your
    citizens to do. Our government doesn't allow terrorists to mock our
    citizens in our cities and tell them that you better look out or we
    will do it again. That is an *nglish thing, that is what all of you
    enjoy. Not Americans.
    Hey, all I know is that the world revolves around the United States.
    I am not sure about the round vs. flat thing, that is for sure. And I
    have always meant to ask an *nglish citizen something, so it might as
    well be you. Why do all the *nglish spell their words so funny? Why
    don't all of you get an American dictionary and learn how to spell
    words correctly.
    Here we go again, all *nglish people ever born have this abnormal
    fascination with fake pubic hair that infected women wear, crazy
    *nglish and their Merkins.

    Does America have to give the *nglish fish also? Where does it stop?

    Alt

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=28Ctrl=A4+/Alt+=A4/Del=A4+=29=2, Apr 5, 2006

  13. Roger, you must be insane man. America is full to the teeth with
    public land that anyone who lives here legally or illegally can go on
    anytime day or night, 365 days a year. You have just been misinformed
    by the *nglish probably.

    You imagine that we can't go in the woods unless it is a National
    Park? What a crazy bunch of Swedes you all are.

    Alt

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=28Ctrl=A4+/Alt+=A4/Del=A4+=29=2, Apr 5, 2006
  14. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=28Ctrl=A4+/Alt+=A4/Del=A4+=29=2

    W Guest

    The Internet may have been invented in the USA but the World Wide Web was
    invented by a Brit, Tim Berners-Lee
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Berners_Lee
    Without the World Wide Web the Internet us unlikely to be nearly as popular
    today as it is.

    ""(Ctrl¤+/Alt+¤/Del¤+)""

    W, Apr 5, 2006
  15. The *nglish are kind of like the Japanese. They never have their own
    ideas, not very creative. Americans have to create everything and
    give everyone the ideas. Then we just farm out the technology and let
    the little people do the improvements on it.

    It works really well for us. We don't have to worry about all the
    details.

    Alt

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=28Ctrl=A4+/Alt+=A4/Del=A4+=29=2, Apr 5, 2006
  16. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=28Ctrl=A4+/Alt+=A4/Del=A4+=29=2

    Dan Evans Guest

    http://www.google.com/search?q=pikey

    Search engines beyond you, tosser?

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Apr 5, 2006
    Don't you have to have permission from the property owner?

    Roger Jansson, Apr 5, 2006
  18. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=28Ctrl=A4+/Alt+=A4/Del=A4+=29=2

    W Guest

    This is not entirely fair. The first computer http://www.computer50.org/
    now classically regarded as having all of the basic characteristic of a
    computer was invented in the UK.
    The first computer was invented by Alan Turing
    http://www.turing.org.uk/turing/ also a Brit.

    ""(Ctrl¤+/Alt+¤/Del¤+)""

    W, Apr 5, 2006
  19. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22=28Ctrl=A4+/Alt+=A4/Del=A4+=29=2

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya t-Ctrl-Del.

    So, are you native American or a foreign import? ;)

    Ponder, Apr 5, 2006
  20. (Ctrl¤+/Alt+¤/Del¤+) > skrev:
    How come porn is "bad for the kids" while violence is not.

    If you see a tit on TV, everyone in america totally freak out, and start
    suing the broadcasting company.

    Roger Jansson, Apr 5, 2006