Britain continues to chip away at people's privacy and rights

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Dec 3, 2012.

  1. RichA

    RichA Guest

    RichA, Dec 3, 2012

  2. Why the obsession with Britain, Rich?

    The ISPs will record date, time and address visited or to which email
    is sent. Similar legislation already applies to cell phone calls. The
    content of any message or file transfer is not recorded

    Public opinion seems neutral to supportive. The only people objecting
    strongly are those obsessed with the minutiae of legislation affecting
    civil liberties.

    Anthony Polson, Dec 4, 2012

  3. RichA

    PeterN Guest

    If civil liberties are not protected, they will be lost.

    PeterN, Dec 5, 2012
  4. RichA

    Whisky-dave Guest

    Which civil liberties are likely to be lost here ?

    Whisky-dave, Dec 5, 2012
  5. RichA

    DanP Guest

    I coudn't care less. The only objection I would make if my actions were
    monitored by a police officer is he/she is wasting police time.

    I don't object to it like I don't object to having my face visible in
    public or having number plates on my car. It makes me easy to be traced,
    it does not mean I am actively traced (unless there is a reason).

    Stop being paranoid, relax and enjoy life, they will get you anyway when
    the time comes.

    DanP

    DanP, Dec 5, 2012
  6. | The primary objective in government data retention is traffic
    | analysis and mass surveillance. By analysing the retained
    | data, governments can identify the locations of individuals,
    | an individual's associates and the members of a group such as
    | political opponents. These activities may or may not be
    | lawful, depending on the constitutions and laws of each
    | country. In many jurisdictions access to these databases may
    | be made by a government with little or no judicial oversight
    | (e.g. USA, UK, Australia)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecommunications_data_retention
    Based on which sources? Your one-sided reception of equally
    one-sided reporting?
    You got that wrong. The people objecting strongly are those
    not believing that a government is always, automatically,
    the people's best friend and must never be doubted

    Then there are those who believe that data retention is
    a necessary evil, but that the length of the retention is
    too large.

    Far on the other side are the anti-terrorist-childpornography-
    "software and media 'piracy'" people who would rather abolish
    all essential freedom of others and make everyone transparent
    for a slightly more 'secure' life.

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Dec 7, 2012