bringing up browser using autorun on photo cd

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Gary, Oct 28, 2005.

  1. Gary

    Gary Guest

    I recently scanned family pictures and want to make CD's to give the
    family. Because of the user level of a lot of the family members I
    want to auto start
    the default browser with the index html file. I have produced a cd
    image that looks like this:

    AUTORUN.inf 1 KB 10/20/2005 8:53:38 PM
    Van/ 10/19/2005 8:32:17 PM
    White/ 10/19/2005 8:36:59 PM
    begin.htm 2 KB 10/20/2005 8:32:56 PM
    houses/ 10/19/2005 8:45:57 PM
    img/ 10/20/2005 9:03:44 PM
    old/ 10/19/2005 8:39:57 PM

    The autorun looks like this:

    [autorun]
    open=begin.htm
    icon=img\gvphoto.ico

    When I burn a CD and load it begin.htm doesn't come up in a browser.
    The icon does get used. I am not a windows programmer, I usually work
    with a different OS. What line of attact should I take on this?

    Gary, Oct 28, 2005

  2. Send me an email and I'll send you a zip file with what I've used to do what
    you want. It takes a couple of HTML files and an exe file. There maybe
    easier ways but this way worked great for me.

    Robert R Kircher, Jr., Oct 28, 2005

  3. Hi Gary,

    You need to amend your autorun.inf file with this.

    [autorun]shellexecute=begin.htm

    You should replace the "open" line with the new line.

    Hope this helps.

    Bye for now,

    George Dingwall

    Invergordon, Scotland