Brightness depending of program used ?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by aurelien, Sep 3, 2004.

  1. aurelien

    aurelien Guest

    aurelien, Sep 3, 2004

  2. aurelien

    John Bean Guest

    It's impossible to be specific, but it seems likely that you are using
    colour management of some sort in Photoshop only. View the image in a web
    browser. Does it look like the Acdcee version? If so then that's the way
    it's going to look to the rest of the world. You'll have to track down what
    is causing Photoshop to render it differently, it could be as simple as the
    colour space (use sRGB if publishing for the Web) or a monitor profile.

    John Bean, Sep 3, 2004

  3. aurelien

    bob Guest

    Is it only that one picture, or is every picture the same. If only that one
    picture is effected, it is probably something to do with the color space
    associated with the file.

    Edit|Color Settings

    Bob

    bob, Sep 3, 2004
  4. aurelien

    bob Guest

    When I download the IMG file and open it in PS, it appears to match the
    ACDsee version in your screenshot.

    Have you run the Adobe Gamma control panel calibration wizard?

    Bob

    bob, Sep 3, 2004
  5. aurelien

    aurelien Guest

    After a little trip in all the Photoshop menus I've found it was using the
    CMJN color space instead of the RGB one. With the RGB color space there is
    no more difference between Photoshop and the other programs.

    Thanks all :)

    Aurelien

    aurelien, Sep 3, 2004