    am shooting a street in the dark with bright sodium lights and car
    headlights it looks like a bunch of bright lines all across the
    display. They do not turn out in the photos, just in the LCD viewer.

    daniel, Nov 15, 2003

  2. I just purchased a new Canon Powershot S45 and
    My old Canon S300 does the same thing, except the lines are vertical. I
    think it's normal; just something to get used to.

    -Mike

    Michael Geary, Nov 15, 2003

  3. daniel

    Vance Green Guest

    Same with Nikon E990.

    It's mentioned in the manual...as you have
    already noticed, they don't appear in the final image.

    A "preview artifact", I guess.

    Vance Green, Nov 15, 2003
  4. daniel

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Don't know, Daniel, but based on a very small sampling (2 cameras), I
    wouldn't buy a camera with an EVF.

    Ron Hunter, Nov 15, 2003
  5. daniel

    daniel Guest

    Did I say horizontal? I meant vertical...

    daniel, Nov 15, 2003
  6. daniel

    daniel Guest

    The manual does say that when shooting bright objects a vertical red
    bar can appear in the viewfind. What I am seeing is not a red bar but
    rather streaks which are the same color as the light source, i.e.
    white if it is a headlight, orangish if it is a sodium light, etc.

    daniel, Nov 15, 2003
  7. daniel

    Vance Green Guest

    I meant the 990 manual ;-)