Bright light in sky?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by pete, Sep 21, 2007.

  1. pete

    pete Guest

    pete, Sep 21, 2007

  2. pete

    kráftéé Guest

    It can't be that time already, I have had a chance to repent all my
    sins yet.... o;-(

    kráftéé, Sep 21, 2007

  3. pete

    who'sthat Guest

    who'sthat, Sep 21, 2007
  4. pete

    SJP Guest

    Try asking in news:uk.sci.astronomy

    SJP, Sep 21, 2007
  5. pete

    pete Guest

    pete, Sep 22, 2007
  6. pete

    pete Guest

    pete, Sep 22, 2007
  7. pete

    who'sthat Guest

    who'sthat, Sep 22, 2007
  8. And it would be moving a lot faster than the stars and planets even if
    you could see it.

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 22, 2007
  9. pete

    chuckcar Guest

    chuckcar, Sep 22, 2007
  10. Yes, you can see it with the naked eye. Sure, it has to be a very clear
    night.

    http://www.esa.int/esaHS/ESA0I6KE43D_iss_0.html
    "Spotting the ISS with the naked eye is not as difficult as it might
    seem - providing you know in which direction to look. Although the ISS
    travels at a speed of 7.7 km per second it is in one of the lowest
    orbits possible - an approximate 390 km above our heads - and thanks to
    its large solar wings it is one of the brightest ¡stars¢ making it
    fairly easy to distinguish as it visibly moves across the night sky."

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 22, 2007
  11. pete

    crashbang1 Guest

    Its Venus

    crashbang1, Sep 22, 2007
  12. pete

    who'sthat Guest

    I figured it was a planet..that's why I mentioned that the sites I
    pointed out would tell him that.

    who'sthat, Sep 22, 2007
  13. Echo 1 was the first one I ever saw up there with only me eyes:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echo_satellite

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 22, 2007
  14. pete

    DemoDisk Guest

    We can help. Tell us all about them! :D :D

    DemoDisk, Sep 22, 2007
  15. pete

    pete Guest

    pete, Sep 22, 2007
  16. pete

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya who'sthat.

    It also moves quite fast.

    Ponder, Sep 22, 2007
  17. pete

    pete Guest

    pete, Sep 22, 2007
  18. pete

    pete Guest

    Everything fits but what I am looking at each night lately is
    stationary.
    pete
    http://www.brazierbridgewood.blogspot.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipswich