bridging between 2 ATM subinterfaces/PVC's

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Remco Bressers, Aug 11, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    On a Cisco 7204VXR i want to configure 2 ATM PVC's, bridged together so they can communicate transparently.
    On the 7204 i configured the interfaces as follows :

    int atm1/0.162055 point-to-point
    pvc 16/2055
    encap aal5snap
    bridge-group 1

    int atm1/0.162056 point-to-point
    pvc 16/2056
    encap aal5snap
    bridge-group 1

    The bridge group is configured easily like this :

    bridge 1 protocol ieee

    According to my theory, the two PVC's should be in bridging mode now. The PVC's are terminated (through a 3rd party network) on DSL routers, where i
    configured RFC1483, LLC based. On router 1 i configured IP address 10.0.0.1/24 and on the second router 10.0.0.2/24. They don't seem to 'see'
    eachother in any way and i cannot ping from router 1 to router 2.

    Can anyone put me in the right direction?

    Thanks in advance,

    Remco Bressers

    Remco Bressers, Aug 11, 2005

  2. You might need to bridge your IP protocol as well. try add "atm route-
    bridge ip" to the interfaces or "bridge 1 route ip" to your global
    config.

    Cheers,

    Lars Christensen

    Lars L. Christensen, Aug 11, 2005

  3. Isn't it the case that i'm using IRB, and 'atm route-bridge ip' is used for RBE or am i totally wrong?
    Second.. The term bridge 1 route ip is also not working :(

    Remco

    Remco Bressers, Aug 12, 2005
  4. Remco Bressers

    aservin Guest

    aservin, Aug 12, 2005
  5. No i havent, because the router should do routing, except for these two subinterfaces.

    Remco Bressers, Aug 17, 2005