    internet traffic - i.e. pinging via IP fails. Will this work for what
    I want to accomplish?

    Thanks. :)

    Evan Platt, May 22, 2005

  2. What do you mean by laptop connecting to a network? Is this an entirely
    different network that has internet access on it? As in "my neighbor
    doesn't know I'm using his wireless network"?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 23, 2005

  3. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    It's a laptop connecting to an access point. And as in "I've
    identified who owns the AP and it's a neighbor I know and I've
    contacted them."

    Evan Platt, May 23, 2005
  4. Wouldn't you normally use a bridge for that instead of a wireless
    client? But you could try enabling ICS on the laptop so that it's
    basically serving as proxy for the other machines on your wired LAN. If
    no luck, there's some pretty smart people over in alt.internet.wireless.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 23, 2005