    modem. Any suggestions on how I can set this bridge up to have a stable
    connection? Thanks.

    Mike D.

    Michael Dobony, Jan 19, 2010

  2. Michael Dobony

    PeterD Guest

    Sounds like interference, can you change channels? (That's what
    happened to me, strong signal strength, but interference was blasting
    the quality.)

    PeterD, Jan 20, 2010

  3. I can access the 2wire, but the connection does not go on through to the
    internet. I am typing this from my laptop, also on the same wireless signal
    and have no problems.

    Michael Dobony, Jan 20, 2010
  4. Michael Dobony

    Bob K Guest

    Be sure there is only one DHCP server on your LAN. I ran into a similar
    problem where someone had installed a 2nd router, thinking it was a
    switch. That guy was sitting there, handing out IP addresses to some
    computers, not others, at it's whim.

    Take a look at the IP (maybe IPCONFIG?) for the computers that connect,
    and those that don't, and see if there is something obvious there.

    ....Bob

    Bob K, Jan 21, 2010
  5. If it is any help, I have to set a static IP address on the computer to
    access the bridge and then switch to auto after making changes to it. The
    laptop that is directly accessing the 2wire modem is on auto acquire and is
    doing fine. If I set the bridge on auto it has IP conflicts. It is set
    manually to the default.

    Michael Dobony, Jan 21, 2010