bridge lan & wlan

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Niklas, Mar 8, 2005.

  1. Niklas

    Niklas Guest

    Hello,
    Maybe I have just misunderstood how it should work.
    I have a LAN adapter connected to 192.168.0.x.
    with my WLAN adaper I create an ad-hoc connection to my laptop. IP
    192.168.3.150 and 192.168.3.151, works fine.
    I create a bridge on the desktop with these two adapters, get a new ip
    address for the bridge 192.168.0.x.
    On the laptop I change the ip to 192.168.0.150 (not in the dhcp range)
    I can now broadcast and send dhcp discover from the laptop and get a dhcp
    offer back with the 192.168.0.x net.
    But nothing more. I can't ping anything. If I set the laptop to obtain dhcp
    automatically it will not get one and eventually get a 169.x address.
    On the laptop I run ethereal and I can see the dhcp disocver/offer and efter
    that a protocol "STP" - spanning-tree-(for-bridges)_00.
    Should I be able to connect to the 192.168.0.x network from my laptop?
    (I have no personal firewall running)

    thanks for any input.

    /Niklas

    Niklas, Mar 8, 2005