Bridge between Serial-Ethernet for BGP

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by cesar.fazan, Feb 16, 2006.

  1. cesar.fazan

    cesar.fazan Guest

    Hi,

    I wanted to use Quagga and/or OpenBGP to the bgp related job in my
    network because I can't afford a good Cisco with 256 / 512Mb of ram. A
    PC with 1GB is cheaper then some Ciscos on market, so here is the deal.

    Before I get my own IP block and my ASN, my provider gave me an IP
    to my Cisco serial (X.X.X.X/255.255.255.252) and an IP block to use in
    my LAN.
    To establish the bgp session I use my WAN IP (X.X.X.2), my provider
    will take away my old LAN IP block. So if I want to use a PC as my bgp
    router, my PC need to have the IP from my Cisco WAN.

    Is possible to make a bridge between my Cisco serial-ethernet so I
    can leave my Cisco WAN without an IP and put my WAN IP on my PC?

    Sorry if I wasnt too clear with my text.

    Thanks in advance.

    cesar.fazan, Feb 16, 2006

  2. cesar.fazan

    theapplebee

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2009
    Messages:
    66
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    USA
    You don't need to use bridge mode in order to achieve running BGP on your PC.
    Try multi-hop eBGP. Asked you ISP to add
    neighboer x.x.x.x multi-hop 3 on their BGP configuration vice versa on your BGP configuration

    http://showipbgp.com

    Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
    theapplebee, Jul 24, 2009