Breathtaking Photos of the Coldest City in the World

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by me, Feb 1, 2014.

  1. me

    me Guest

    me, Feb 1, 2014

  2. Polly the Parrott, Feb 1, 2014

  3. me

    PeterN Guest

    Wow! That is cold. thanks for posting those interesting shots. (I could
    not see the last.)
    I wonder how the photographer kept his equipment functioning. i'm sure
    Floyd will help o that question.

    to change the topic.- We sometimes go the the Va Beach Art show in late
    June. Even then the weather can be a tad cool.

    PeterN, Feb 1, 2014
  4. me

    RichA Guest

    RichA, Feb 2, 2014
  5. me

    Robert Coe Guest

    :
    : : > http://www.weather.com/travel/breathtaking-photos-coldest-city-world-20140128
    : >
    : > While we snow for the second week in a row and single digit lows here
    : > in coastal VA this week, it doesn't compare to this.
    :
    : That is indeed, cold. I feel very uncomfortable right now, seated in my
    : den with a four- or five-miles-per hour breeze wafting 63.3-degree F.
    : air past my chilly person.
    :
    : I would ask about the use of "city" to describe a village; seems to me I
    : learned that the "coldest major habitat of Man" is Winnipeg, Canada. Not
    : very high on my list of places to visit, either of these, or any like
    : them.

    I believe that the "city" referred to is the regional capital of Yakutsk, not
    the even colder "village" of Oymyakon.

    Robert Coe, Feb 2, 2014
  6. me

    Robert Coe Guest

    : On Saturday, February 1, 2014 1:21:41 PM UTC-5, me wrote:
    : > http://www.weather.com/travel/breathtaking-photos-coldest-city-world-20140128
    : >
    : >
    : >
    : > While we snow for the second week in a row and single digit lows here
    : >
    : > in coastal VA this week, it doesn't compare to this.
    :
    : I can see some PETAKOOKS crying because the a few of them are wearing fur coats.

    It's bad enough that that guard dog has to stand out in the cold.

    Robert Coe, Feb 2, 2014
  7. me

    Whisky-dave Guest

    I thought Vostok is the coldest place on Earth although it's not a city.
    At a guess thermal underwear ;-)

    Whisky-dave, Feb 3, 2014