brand new canon G6 fully dead !

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mario, Jan 3, 2005.

  1. Mario

    Mario Guest

    Hello,

    I hope not but did it happen to any of you ?

    I was about to take the 112th pic with my brand new Canon G6 just few
    weeks I have it, and it went on and suddenly turned off and since then
    never ever again turn on again, batteries are fully charged.

    Did it happen to any of you ? What could it be ? software bug ? faulty
    turn on/off knob ?

    What you think will canon just exchange me the camera or they will
    repair it after many weeks of waiting ?

    what is your recommendation, what should I do ?

    Thanks,

    Mario

    Mario, Jan 3, 2005

  2. Mario

    traction Guest

    Sounds like its been dropped.....

    traction, Jan 3, 2005

  3. Mario

    Mark B. Guest

    Send it back to Canon, unless the retailer will exchange it for you. Return
    procedures vary, you should check with the retailer you got it from.

    Mark

    Mark B., Jan 3, 2005
  4. Mario

    Jerry G. Guest

    You must call your dealer. He may exchange it if it is less than 30 days
    old. This depends on their agreement with Canon, and the local regulations
    for the country, or state where you live.

    In any case, if the camera was not abused or dropped, it should be serviced
    under warranty. If the camera was dropped, there is a chance that there is
    internal damage, and major parts will certainly have to be replaced.

    --

    Jerry G.
    =====

    Jerry G., Jan 3, 2005
  5. Mario

    secheese Guest

    How in the world did you conclude that it's been dropped from the
    verbiage given?

    Last summer, my car started and immediately shut off; the battery was
    fully charged. Guess what... it wasn't dropped! :)

    secheese, Jan 4, 2005