    need to be done with OSPF (I think not) or with BGP (which seems more
    likely but unnecessary).
    Any input would be appreciated.

    ShoutyMcNasty, Nov 21, 2006

  2. You haven't indicated what kinds of devices you are using, or the
    software version.

    What you report would be normal with a Cisco PIX running 5.x or 6.x
    software; Cisco PIX and Cisco ASA running 7.x software would default
    to the same behaviour but make provision for allowing it if
    the connection from the branch to HQ is via a VPN.

    Walter Roberson, Nov 21, 2006

  3. Hello Walter, thank you very much for your reply. Your guess was spot
    on, we are actually trying to connect a branch Contivity 1750 with a
    Cisco Pix 515e running version 7. They are talking over a VPN,
    obviously. It is possible that the issue is with the Contivity alone,
    however we are trying to eliminate all other issues first. Does that
    help?
    Thanks.

    ShoutyMcNasty, Nov 21, 2006
  4. Please do not top-post. I have re-ordered the text to make it easier
    to read.

    Walter Roberson, Nov 22, 2006