Braindump question

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Chops, Jun 6, 2004.

  1. Chops

    Chops Guest

    After I read Samantha's posting on braindump, I have a
    new question with a different twist!

    Assumed that a candidate failed a MCSE exam the first
    time due to underestimation of the difficulty level,
    inadequate preparation, lack of sleep, or what ever
    reason. This candidate has 10 years of IT experience
    working with NT, and W2K. The candidate went back to
    review the course material, re-do the lab exercises in
    his/her home lab, re-check the Technet articles, searched
    MSDN, read white papers, knowledge based articles to
    search for the correct answers. Subsequently, the
    candidate passed the exam without any problem! The
    candidate repeated this for two exams!

    Question:

    Is the candidate a braindumper?

    Despite the fact, the candidate did not purchase a
    braindump test questions from a web site, the candidate
    remembered the questions from the exam. The candidate
    knew what kind of questions and the possible answers
    available! Can you really shut off your brain because of
    Non Disclosure Agreement?

    What is your vote?

    1. She/he is a (technical) braindumper!
    2. She/he is dedicated IT professional!
    3. She/he is troll!
    4. She/he is just another human being in Earth!

    Cheers,
    Chops

    Chops, Jun 6, 2004

  2. 4. She/he is just another human being in Earth!

    Reason: - nothing has been proven, except that he/she would have taken
    on board, information which he/she did not understand before.

    As the exams do not prove whether or not he/she would be able put into
    practice those concepts covered, it cannot be determined if he/she is
    an 'IT professional'.

    The question explicitly states that he/she did not use braindumps, so
    he/she cannot be a braindumper!

    Being a 'Troll' has no meaning within the context of the question.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Jun 6, 2004

  3. Chops

    Beoweolf Guest

    Somewhere around 3 out of 10 do not pass an exam on the 1st try. of those
    that persevere and retake the exam, fully 4 out of 10 do not pass on the
    second try. On the harder exams, usually the design and/or infrastructure
    exam, the initial and subsequent failure rates can be even higher.

    Not everyone is capable of passing all the exams necessary to complete MCSE.
    Relying on the opinion of those that do pass easily or at least more easily,
    they would have you believe the exams are too easy. I dispute that. I feel
    the exams are adequate, and have validity in real world experience...what I
    find wrong, is the availability of braindumps, the willingness to use them
    and the requirements of some employers to un necessarily inflate job
    pre-qualification (i.e, requiring an MCSE for desk top support)...as fueling
    the arms race for greater and greater certifications for even basic
    positions. This in turn drives the less bright to cheat, in order to make a
    decent wage.

    My point is not about social engineering or to excuse the efforts of persons
    to do whatever they think they need to do in order to make a higher salary.
    The issue is, lack of follow through on the part of HR as well as a number
    IT managers in failing to really interview job candidates. It doesn't take a
    CS degree to weed out people who are not suited to IT advancement, just a
    few questions and "what if" scenarios will tell you quite a bit about a new
    hire.

    Beoweolf, Jun 6, 2004