    What are the classic braindumps and how do they differ from Self Test
    Software and MeasureUp.

    Thanks in advance.

    Guest, Jan 4, 2006

  2. You use a braindump (short-term memorization of real test questions) and you
    might pass the test. Then if you're lucky you get certified, get a job as an
    engineer and soon later fired because you have no idea what you're doing.

    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    accepting it.
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Jan 4, 2006

  3. Guest

    kpg Guest

    But it looks GREAT on a resume!

    kpg, Jan 4, 2006
  4. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    later fired because you have no idea what you're doing.

    .... and sued for gross incompetence.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 4, 2006
  5. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    # Name resolution details: file://c:\temp\184122.htm (1/4/2006 8:18:22
    what getting fired or being an mcse? I'd put neither on mine!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 4, 2006
  6. Guest

    Neil Guest

    being a developer, I don't think the MCSE would hold as much value for
    you anyways.

    those of us on the infrastructure side (like Maggie for example) might
    find having it on there a tad more useful.

    I don't put certs on my resume now (or on my business cards - not enough
    space), just that I hold/have held certifications from various vendors
    with details available on request.

    Neil, Jan 4, 2006
  7. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    those of us on the infrastructure side (like Maggie for example) might
    You mean ol' Maggie's a dike? I mean, what use would she have for a
    chick magnet???

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 4, 2006
  8. Guest

    Neil Guest

    yes, I believe he is a dyke...

    Neil, Jan 4, 2006
  9. Guest

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    damn right. i don't list MCSE on my res. I am ashamed of it. :-?

    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/
    --
    "Hate perfectly describes my feelings. I loathe you. I detest you. I think
    CBIC, circa 2005

    Rowdy Yates, Jan 4, 2006
  10. Guest

    Briscobar Guest

    Well, MCNGP guys, I'm a little disappointed that no one actually explained
    what a braindump is to the OP. I know we've been over it a billion times,
    but IMO, cheating is worse than being lazy, and I'll discourage that at any
    cost, even if it is spoonfeeding the lazy.

    So, here goes: Braindump sites generally pay people to take the exams. These
    people then write down as many of the questions and answers as they can
    remember (they "dump" their brains), and turn them in. The braindump sites
    then sell you these questions (sometimes poorly worded, misleading, and the
    answers are often straight-up wrong). The problem isn't people studying
    practice exams. The problem is people are studying from the REAL (or close
    to real) exam. This gives an unfair advantage, not to mention a violation of
    MS's NDA.

    Stick with your Transcender and Measure up. They're original questions based
    on the concepts needed to pass the relevant exam. They're not ACTUAL exam
    questions.

    Hope that cleared it up for you.

    Briscobar, Jan 4, 2006
  11. Guest

    kpg Guest

    Hey - that's covered in the FAQ isn't it?

    Oh wait...

    kpg, Jan 4, 2006
  12. Guest

    Neil Guest

    Transcenders...HAH! In you're FACE Kline!

    Neil, Jan 4, 2006
  13. Guest

    TechGeekPro Guest

    selftestsoftware.com is better than transcenders.co.uk with updates

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100

    We can rebuild MCNGP.com. We have the technology.
    Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.

    Be sure to check out MCNGP.net. "It's dot com!"

    TechGeekPro, Jan 4, 2006
  14. Guest

    CG101 Guest

    I know that was testk1ng rib, but doesn't selftestsoftware own Transcenders
    now?

    CG101, Jan 5, 2006
  15. Guest

    CG101 Guest

    You sure you and fmsmcse aren't friends....or perhaps, the same person?

    CG101, Jan 5, 2006
  16. Guest

    Lasher Guest

    Yes.

    Lasher, Jan 5, 2006
  17. Guest

    Lasher Guest

    That would be a good assumption since fms did post at the MS forums.

    Lasher, Jan 5, 2006
  18. Guest

    Kline Sphere Guest

    That would be a good assumption since fms did post at the MS forums.

    so do most trolls.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 5, 2006
  19. Guest

    Neil Guest

    yep

    Neil, Jan 5, 2006
  20. Guest

    Neil Guest

    I was thinkin the same thing recently about gtright or getrightonit or
    whatever his name is.

    Neil, Jan 5, 2006