    CBIC Guest

    In
    I compare it to being mentally retarded.

    CBIC, Feb 21, 2006

  2. Gorm Braarvig

    Bigus Dickus Guest

    Please Don't

    Bigus Dickus, Feb 21, 2006

  3. Gorm Braarvig

    LRM Guest

    Language blip, we are geeks, or otherwise technically proficient. End users
    are not considered technically proficient, making it an insult if you are a
    geek.

    HTH

    LRM, Feb 21, 2006
  4. So you're an end user?
    Then you can compare me to that if you want, it will teach none of us much,
    of course,

    Gorm Braarvig, Feb 21, 2006
  5. So you're an end user?
    Then I have met a geek or two.
    I am not a geek by this standard.
    Consider me otherwise technically proficient.
    I hope I am at the creative end.
    A creative end-user.

    Gorm Braarvig, Feb 21, 2006
  6. Gorm Braarvig

    LRM Guest

    It is rather black and white, if you are technically proficient, you are not
    likely to be an end user. We would refer to a creative end-user as a poser,
    a wanna be geek. Geek is good. End-users are in technical kindergarten. They
    are unlikely to solve technical problems without the help of a geek.

    LRM, Feb 21, 2006
  7. Gorm Braarvig

    Bigus Dickus Guest

    And don't confuse the term "Geek" with "Nerd"....Nerds are ugly.

    Bigus Dickus, Feb 21, 2006
  8. Gorm Braarvig

    JaR Guest

    plaintive wail of Bigus Dickus:
    Ping: Nerdbunchanumbers!

    JaR, Feb 21, 2006
  9. Gorm Braarvig

    LRM Guest

    Enough about all that, what I really want to know is....Gorm are you hawt
    and can I call you Thor?

    LRM, Feb 21, 2006
  10. Gorm Braarvig

    Bigus Dickus Guest

    I was wondering when that was gonna come out.

    Bigus Dickus, Feb 21, 2006
  11. So you're an end user?
    I am not a wannabe geek. Geek is still good.
    I am not a poser.
    I want to become a certified BI architect (does not yet exist). Part of my
    action-plan is to take some certifications and learn how to communicate with
    geeks. I have no education and no certifications (only some brainbench). I
    am not a genius and not a moron.
    I have tried a few different things when it comes to computers.
    I like to ask for help. When it comes to network desing and configuration I
    some times have to.
    I am not afraid.

    Please help me.

    Gorm Braarvig, Feb 21, 2006
  12. Gorm Braarvig

    Bigus Dickus Guest

    I can now says dat I feels muches dumberer after dat las remark

    Bigus Dickus, Feb 21, 2006
  13. No, sorry. I look like a geek.

    Gorm Braarvig, Feb 21, 2006
  14. Gorm Braarvig

    TechGeekPro Guest

    "End-User" = "Assfusker". Same thing really, if you think about it.

    TechGeekPro, Feb 21, 2006
  15. Gorm Braarvig

    TechGeekPro Guest

    A geek is a person who has chosen concentration rather than conformity; one
    who pursues skill (especially technical skill) and imagination, not
    mainstream social acceptance. Nerds are naturally inept socially.

    TechGeekPro, Feb 21, 2006
  16. Gorm Braarvig

    TechGeekPro Guest

    Just make sure and tape his mouth shut if he even utters the name Neil.

    TechGeekPro, Feb 21, 2006
  17. Gorm Braarvig

    TechGeekPro Guest

    A Highball glass of Captain Morgan's spiced rum and a Coke for me. On second
    thought, make it a few shots of J├Ągermeister and a bottle of Yuengling. Lets
    get *really* ripped.

    TechGeekPro, Feb 21, 2006
  18. Is end-user a bad thing?
    My opinion of the end-user is colored by the feedback I have gotten from
    them, combined with how much I have to repeat the same stupid explanitions.
    When it comes to the first point, I have made it a rule of mine not to
    promise the customer anything if I don't have to. This keeps me out of
    trouble. As for communication, I am of the opinion that the value of your
    communication is the feedback you get, so I try to fix it and not blame the
    customer.
    Of course, these are my personal preferences, this is highly individual.

    Gorm Braarvig, Feb 21, 2006
  19. Gorm Braarvig

    Bigus Dickus Guest

    Nerds are naturally inept socially.