    Completely agree.

    definitely voting for you now!!!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 21, 2004

  2. They should have asked me. I'll do it for 0.4 mil. (2 test minimum)

    Too late, already had bid from Kaushal IT Services Inc, India. 100
    Rupee, 100 tests + 1 free curry.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 21, 2004

  3. circa Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:02:24 +0100, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, The Poster Formerly Known as Kline
    OMG, are you pretending to be dense, or WHAT???

    IT DOES NOT SCALE. Now, reread the above. Then repeat the following:
    IT DOES NOT SCALE.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 21, 2004
  4. sorry, but you need to remember I don't live in the real world :)
    my world's better then your world :)

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 21, 2004
  5. circa Tue, 21 Sep 2004 06:40:40 +0100, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, The Poster Formerly Known as Kline
    And since you either totally miss my point or refuse to acknowledge
    it, I'm done with this discussion. It's repetitive and pointless.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 21, 2004
  6. Laura A. Robinson, Sep 21, 2004
  7. Do you really think that Microsoft has not surveyed their customers
    my argument is plain and simple. The process is floored because people
    can and do get certified by microsoft when those people do not have
    the ability. If the customers that microsoft consult feel the process
    is fine, not flawed and the costs are already too high, that's fine
    they get what they pay for. If in conjunction with ms these customers
    also feel the process cannot or does not warrant improvement, that's
    fine also, I personally disagree.

    I've presented what I feel would make the microsoft certification
    process better, you (and apparently microsoft) clearly disagree,
    that's fine too. None of what I've suggested is indented to show some
    kinda new radical type of approach, it's already been tried and
    tested.

    To me simply being able to mesmerize the answers and being able to
    pick the answers from given list does not prove an understanding of
    the subject matter. To me these type of tests should have no meaning
    outside the sixth grade.

    I never questioned the fact that should an approach be taken,
    logistical, geographical and other issues would first need to be
    addressed and solved. Naturally, as with most endeavors in business,
    there is a 'cost' involved. When Kennedy went to the guys at NASA and
    said 'Hey, I want to send a man to the Moon', those guys never just
    turned around a say too far, too costly and Mercury won't scale. Real
    silly for me to compare one of our greatest achievements to ms exams,
    but the point's the same, if there's a will (or rather a benefit),
    there's a way. Clearly the powers that be see no benefit.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 21, 2004
  8. And they were working on this two years ago, as well. Again, there is
    I know there is a lot involved. Yes, I realize there's a cost, there
    may also be return on that outlay.

    And I'm not saying it could be done in a day/week/month/year, because
    yes, I don't know. I'm saying something 'should' be done, even if it's
    abandoning the process because it's crap. After all we're talking
    about a company whose revenue exceeds that of many country's gdp.
    Surely a better certification process than the 'pick the right answer
    from the list above' or 'drag this over to here', can be implemented
    by such a company.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 21, 2004
  9. Yup, the braindumpers are getting
    it is real

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 21, 2004
  10. and he's still fired.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 21, 2004
  11. here's a little revelation that i bestow upon the hapless few. even if
    in the news today, shares in testking plumit after the release of the
    above statement by Rowdy, more soon.....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 21, 2004
  12. circa Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:10:34 +0100, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, The Poster Formerly Known as Kline
    Pbbbbbt. ;-)

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 21, 2004
  13. circa Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:56:17 +0100, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, The Poster Formerly Known as Kline
    And now I'm annoyed. I NEVER said the process couldn't be made
    better. My point throughout this has been that it *cannot* be done in
    any kind of cost effective manner yet maintain the numbers of
    certified professionals that exist. Microsoft *wants* lots of
    certified professionals, remember? And *again*, I have said that

    1. Microsoft is and has been looking into this.
    2. There *are* changes coming.
    3. What you propose is not feasible for the ENTIRE program. It is
    workable for a "premium plus" certification with small numbers
    (comparatively speaking) of people holding the certification.

    However, you keep ignoring that in favor of stating the same things
    over and over and over again without *listening*.
    See above. You have missed the point.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 21, 2004
  14. circa Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:08:15 +0100, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, The Poster Formerly Known as Kline
    And how many times do you have to be told that THEY HAVE BEEN AND ARE
    WORKING ON IT before you listen?

    You need to learn the difference between "it doesn't scale" and
    "they'll never do it", because I've only been saying the former,
    never the latter.

    I made my points in another post and I'm really, really sick of
    repeating myself.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 21, 2004
  15. OMG, are you pretending to be dense, or WHAT???
    no it is only microsoft servers that [currently] don't scale too well
    :)

    We can rant all day & night. You feel there are no problem, fine. Your
    ok with a quarter of a million or whatever clueless idiots (and more
    every day), fine. Well, I feel the services provided by IT have
    deteriorated somewhat over the passed twenty years, and churning out
    more unsuitable people, which seems to be the only purpose of ms
    certs, only adds to the problem.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 21, 2004
  16. Gawd, I'm tired of repeating myself. They've crunched the numbers far
    so why would any company continue to conduct activities which has no
    prospect of a beneficial outcome? It makes no sense, nothing happens
    without a justifiable reason.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 21, 2004
  17. And since you either totally miss my point or refuse to acknowledge
    as are ms certs, because they certify nothing.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 21, 2004
  18. You need to learn the difference between "it doesn't scale" and
    sure, reading though the win2k docs now.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 21, 2004
  19. circa Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:07:12 +0100, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, The Poster Formerly Known as Kline
    F--- you. I NEVER said any such thing and I'm sick of you attributing
    it to me.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 21, 2004
  20. My scariest was the one-armed cabbie who was smoking while weaving
    reminds me of mexico....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 21, 2004