  1. wongcna

    Neil Guest

    fell off a truck

    Neil, Sep 19, 2004

  2. wongcna

    Neil Guest

    so you are a cheater and think it's ok. I don't think its likely you are
    skilled at anything except cheating. Should MS track your sorry butt down I
    hope that they paddle it till your are unable to sit for a month...and take
    all your certs away...and slit your throat...

    Neil, Sep 19, 2004

  3. Contract customers don't care if you have
    right, and when one project goes tits up, it don't matter because
    we'll just start all over again - money no problem. Sometimes the
    decisions made in IT borders on insanity, given the amount of money
    wasted each year within the industry. It's no wonder companies see
    sending IT out off shore as a good cost saving exercise, they really
    are clueless. One day companies will realize that 'going to the
    cheapest' does not always result in the most cost effective solution.
    totally agree, and that's my point, certs prove nothing.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 19, 2004
  4. fell off a truck

    honest, straight into the back seat of my bother's, buddy's, Dad's
    cab, really...

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 19, 2004
  5. so you are a cheater and think it's ok. I don't think its likely you are
    .... and boil him in acid

    Amen

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 19, 2004
  6. wongcna

    Lost Guest

    MJ
    You may have passed the certifications but I doubt you
    really have the skills needed to do anything more than
    turn the computer on.
    How do you train others? Do you just pass on a copy of the
    brain dump you used or do just give your trainees the URL
    so they can purchase their own copies?

    Oh and by the way...I still think that you and any one
    else who uses a brain dump to pass the exams are worthless
    a s s f u c k e r s.

    Now take your sorry a$$ to BK or McDonalds and get a job
    worthy of your skills.

    Lost, Sep 19, 2004
  7. wongcna

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    rowdy is not CCIE. I never lied that I was. actually if i was going to go
    for a Cisco cert. i would probably go only as far as CCNP. no point for
    me to do a CCIE - i don't work on routers et la...

    Rowdy Yates, Sep 19, 2004
  8. wongcna

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    here's a little revelation that i bestow upon the hapless few. even if
    you pass your certs with flying colors and no cheating - without real
    world experience with the MS products as well as real world experience in
    networking, support, and other OS and NOS's - you are pretty much a
    fusked fish out of water. most head scratcher problems at work have no
    answers found in MCSE text's.

    the last thing you want to do is hit the ground running and seriously
    fusk up an entire building's IT network infrastructure - primarily
    because you will get fired for it. and it's a read bitch to find a new
    job these days.

    if you are smart, you will want to find a cwappy junior position and
    watch an experienced guy/gurl do what he/she does and take notes and keep
    upgrading your skill & knowledge level.

    Rowdy Yates, Sep 19, 2004
  9. circa Sun, 19 Sep 2004 17:49:09 +0100, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, The Poster Formerly Known as Kline
    Not the same thing. At all.
    Actually, I have given you *fact*, several times. I'm not pulling
    this out of the air. Get it?

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 20, 2004
  10. circa Sun, 19 Sep 2004 18:47:53 +0100, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, The Poster Formerly Known as Kline
    Clearly.

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 20, 2004
  11. circa Sun, 19 Sep 2004 17:53:09 +0100, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, The Poster Formerly Known as Kline
    Do you really think that Microsoft has not surveyed their customers
    to find out how much companies would be willing to pay per test for
    their staff? Do you *really* think I'm just pulling this stuff out of
    my butt? Do you *really* think you've presented a *single* thing that
    Microsoft hasn't investigated FAR more than you have?
    See above. You really, really don't know what you're talking about
    here.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 20, 2004
  12. circa Sun, 19 Sep 2004 08:38:43 -0500, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, nerd32768 (nerd{nospam}32768
    @gmail.com) said,
    Are you capable of reading?
    Are you capable of reading?

    I never said it wasn't an option as a higher level certification. I
    said IT DOESN'T SCALE. And it doesn't.
    I guarantee you, I know more about this particular subject than you
    do. Not only do you have no idea of the costs (your numbers are
    incorrect), but you have no idea how the conferences work under the
    covers. None.

    And, BTW, Microsoft nearly always loses money on their conferences.
    See above. You really don't know whereof you speak.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 20, 2004
  13. circa Sun, 19 Sep 2004 15:38:26 GMT, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Jeff Cochran ()
    said,
    Exactly.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 20, 2004
  14. circa Sun, 19 Sep 2004 18:43:17 +0100, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, The Poster Formerly Known as Kline
    Indeed. I may disagree with you, but I don't think you're dumb. ;-)
    This guy, on the other hand...

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 20, 2004
  15. circa Sun, 19 Sep 2004 17:44:25 +0100, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, The Poster Formerly Known as Kline
    <snip>

    And none of them have one-tenth the number of certified professionals
    that Microsoft does. More certified professionals translates to more
    product evangelists, even though a good chunk of 'em may be clueless
    ones.
    See above. It doesn't scale. Espousing a "premium plus" certification
    with a practical aspect is one thing. Espousing that every exam be a
    practical exam *DOES NOT SCALE*.
    See above. It's all a numbers game, my friend.
    Again here' s the point- More certified professionals translates to
    more product evangelists.
    And again, you really don't know just how much Microsoft pours into
    the certification program *already*. There is something called the
    law of diminishing returns, and Microsoft knows where that point
    lies.
    "Well trained" has nothing to do with certification. We have 1200
    well-trained programmers on staff, and the vast majority of them hold
    no certifications whatsoever.
    Again, do you think Microsoft hasn't heard this a billion times
    before, and hasn't investigated *seriously* what needs to be done to
    make it so? They have, and there *are* changes coming. And there will
    still be loads of people pi$$ing and moaning about the "cheapening"
    of the certification. I'll bet you any amount you like, because I've
    already seen it more times than I can count.
    No, it isn't. As Neil said in another post, when somebody lists his
    or her certifications as his/her primary set of qualifications, that
    candidate immediately becomes suspect, as s/he apparently doesn't
    have an actual body of work to point towards as a selling point for
    his/her skills.
    Um, no, it wouldn't.

    "the employer can reimburse up to $5,250 of education expenses per
    employee"

    And that's in the U.S. You forget, there are lots of other countries
    out there.

    If each exam were a thousand dollars, guess what? U.S.-based
    companies wouldn't be able to deduct the cost of an MCSE. Part of it?
    Yes. All of it? Not even close. They'd be able to cover five exams.
    What about books? What about training? What about time off to take
    both? What about the other two exams?

    Like I said, no, it wouldn't.
    For starters, because it doesn't cost the company a penny. The
    candidate has already shelled out for that education, not the
    company.
    They already do, but they wouldn't if it was going to cost them
    fifteen grand (and that's a conservative estimate) per employee. And
    if you think it wouldn't, again, this is an area with which I am
    *very* familiar. I know what training costs companies- both from the
    perspective of the seller *and* the purchaser. I have a decade of
    experience in this particular area, in fact. You severely
    underestimate the costs involved.
    And that still happens. I can show you CCNAs who *still* don't know
    what they're doing. In fact, you can pick any certification and I can
    probably point to somebody who holds the certification and doesn't
    know jack, just as I can point to somebody who does know what s/he is
    doing.
    Well, I'm sure corporate America just wrote that down and we'll see
    all companies change first thing tomorrow. ;-)
    Sorry, your arguments just completely fell apart with the above
    statement. "I don't need to know x about y to know that y sucks" is
    the last refuge of an argument without basis.
    Based on the number of applicants we've rejected out of hand, and
    based on the number of nits who post here wanting to know why they
    can't get a six-figure job with their MCSE certification, I would say
    that, as with all things, the proof is in the pudding.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 20, 2004
  16. circa Sun, 19 Sep 2004 18:13:04 +0100, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, The Poster Formerly Known as Kline
    No, I think that anybody who hires or doesn't hire based solely on
    certification status is a moron, and that is the point. Certification
    is not a panacea. Period.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 20, 2004
  17. circa Sun, 19 Sep 2004 18:13:04 +0100, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, The Poster Formerly Known as Kline
    And again, I'll point out to you that the company for which I work is
    *all about* software. Nobody ever seems to grok that that is what we
    do, but it is. We sell information, and the vehicle for the
    information is our SOFTWARE. I guarantee, we don't think IT is a
    game. It's what we DO, and we have billions of dollars annually
    riding on it.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 20, 2004
  18. circa Sun, 19 Sep 2004 18:21:35 +0100, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, The Poster Formerly Known as Kline
    And you know what? Making the exams harder only buys a modicum of
    increase in respect for the certification. *Anything* that can be
    acquired in ten tests or fewer is *inherently* considered of less
    value than something that takes four to sixteen *years* of study,
    like a degree does. Certifications are just bonus material. That's
    it.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 20, 2004
  19. circa Sun, 19 Sep 2004 18:31:00 +0100, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, The Poster Formerly Known as Kline
    Again, you make assumptions without knowledge of what goes into what
    you propose.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 20, 2004
  20. circa Sun, 19 Sep 2004 11:33:24 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Neil ()
    said,
    Marina is Greek. :)

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 20, 2004