Brain Dumping.....

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by wongcna, Sep 18, 2004.

  1. circa Tue, 21 Sep 2004 11:32:34 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Rowdy Yates (rowdy_yates2
    @remove.lycos.com) said,
    You don't get mushrooms for $4.99.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 22, 2004

  2. circa Tue, 21 Sep 2004 11:30:59 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Rowdy Yates (rowdy_yates2
    @remove.lycos.com) said,
    This is an expensive city. It all counts.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 22, 2004

  3. wongcna

    JaR Guest

    In microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Laura A. Robinson climbed on a soapbox
    & opined:
    Jeezus H. Keerist can you chill out?

    Fsck it's a minor discussion, not the battle for fscking Fallujah.

    OK, in your opinion it does not scale, whatever the heck that is supposed
    to mean. Got it.

    Sorry Laura.

    JaR

    JaR, Sep 22, 2004
  4. circa Tue, 21 Sep 2004 17:04:38 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, JaR ()
    said,
    Were it not for this morning's fresh crop of snide comments from
    Chalk, perhaps I would have.
    No, what I'm *pi$$ed* about is Chalk's statements regarding my
    supposed lack of concern about the certification program. Would you
    like it if I said that you think braindumpers should be certified
    just like everybody else? That the certification should be wide open
    and that any idiot should have it? Would you like to be not just
    misquoted, but have statements attributed to you that you never even
    came close to making?

    And then would you want to see people patting the jacka$$ on the back
    for it?
    Doubt it.
    Don't be.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 22, 2004
  5. circa Tue, 21 Sep 2004 17:04:38 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, JaR ()
    said,
    "I've presented what I feel would make the microsoft certification
    process better, you (and apparently microsoft) clearly disagree"

    ">Learn the material instead of cheating.

    either way 'it' can still get the certification, but it don't matter
    does it, the more the merrier."

    "We can rant all day & night. You feel there are no problem, fine.
    Your ok with a quarter of a million or whatever clueless idiots (and
    more every day), fine."

    You tell me- would you like taking making these potshots at you?

    As I said, my issue is with Chalk taking the low road. Disagreeing is
    one thing. Stating that I am "ok with a quarter of a million or
    whatever clueless idiots (and more every day)" isn't. Period.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 22, 2004
  6. circa Tue, 21 Sep 2004 20:43:57 -0400, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Laura A. Robinson
    () said,
    would you like somebody taking...

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 22, 2004
  7. wongcna

    Neil Guest

    you did a Neil...

    Neil, Sep 22, 2004
  8. circa Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:16:21 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Neil ()
    said,
    It's a disease...

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 22, 2004
  9. wongcna

    Neil Guest

    I like the company...

    Neil, Sep 22, 2004
  10. wongcna

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    but what am i gonna dry in the sun and smoke?

    Rowdy Yates, Sep 22, 2004
  11. circa Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:40:41 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Rowdy Yates
    () said,
    Bananas?

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 22, 2004
  12. wongcna

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    if they will get me high --> well, lets got for it sparky!

    Rowdy Yates, Sep 22, 2004
  13. wongcna

    Neil Guest

    bananas from Canada? sounds like a kids show...

    Neil, Sep 22, 2004
  14. wongcna

    Consultant Guest

    maybe you should use his term on him, lol

    Consultant, Sep 22, 2004
  15. circa Wed, 22 Sep 2004 07:44:23 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Consultant
    () said,
    Once was enough. ;-)

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 22, 2004
  16. Yes, Laura, we can read. Please try to calm down[1]. What bothers me
    personally, and of course I do not speak for others, is that you're doing a
    foot-stomping "I'm going to take my football and go home" attitude towards
    many of us. Personally, I think this is an interesting topic to discuss
    (for a change), and while I appreciate your inside knowledge on the subject,
    I don't appreciate your attitude in discussing it. This is why I haven't
    posted any more responses (on the subject). You've got your mind made up,
    and in your opinion there's nothing to discuss, and it only makes you angry.
    So... let's move on.

    --
    Fris "sigh" bee®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.com

    Certaholics

    [1] The worst thing you can say to someone who's worked-up is "Calm down."

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Sep 22, 2004
  17. I understand how you get that, but I think you're over-reacting. Chalk's
    point (I think) is that some of us have suggested that MS spend some bucks
    to make an attempt at fixing their certifications. Your response is that it
    is not fiscally possible. In that sense, Chalk feels that you and MS agree
    on that point. You have not, however, suggested any alternatives, which
    "implies" (and only implies) that you (and MS) don't care. I know better,
    that you don't feel that way, but your staunch MS defense along with not
    providing any other suggestions could be interpreted that way by others, no?

    I know throwing money at something doesn't necessarily fix it, but there has
    to be a better way. The current system sucks eggs. I would hope that
    someone with your vast knowledge and experience in this industry might have
    some interesting suggestions. I hope you don't take that the wrong way,
    too... it's meant as a compliment.

    --
    Fris "sucking up" bee®, MCNGP #13

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Sep 22, 2004
  18. They call him Mellow Yellow.

    --
    Fris "Peels" bee®, MCNGP #13

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Sep 22, 2004
  19. wongcna

    Jtyc Guest

    I thought she said they were working on it.

    Jtyc, Sep 22, 2004
  20. circa Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:49:01 -0400, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=
    () said,
    It would have been different had he not felt the need to repeat it
    several times. I *really* don't like people attributing things to me
    that I didn't say, *particularly* something like that.
    That's incorrect. I have said that doing what he suggests across the
    *entire program* is not fiscally feasible. I never said that about a
    *smaller* group's feasibility, but Chalk continues to both ignore
    that and to claim that I've stated something else.
    And that is also incorrect. I quite clearly stated that a "premium
    plus" certification could be an option. Besides, I was not the one
    telling MS how to change the program in this newsgroup the first
    place. I was pointing out to Chalk the flaws in his logic.
    No, it doesn't. And see above.
    Wrong. See above.
    See above. I stated that a "premium plus" certification was feasible
    in two other posts. I stated that Microsoft HAS been looking into
    other innovations NUMEROUS times. And the point that all of you seem
    to be missing is that I am under so many NDAs for one thing or
    another related to Microsoft that I do not know what I can or cannot
    say. Get it? I have as much as said that in at least two posts.

    Unless I know factually that Microsoft has released information
    publicly, I need to assume that I am not supposed to talk about what
    I do or don't know, because the odds are good that it's not public
    information for a reason, and it's also possible that I've been privy
    to ideas that were being tossed around but may or may not ever be
    implemented. I take NDAs very seriously. If I don't see it stated at
    least once in a public venue, then I don't say anything about it-
    whatever "it" is.
    I do, and I've had many, many discussions with the Microsoft Training
    and Certification group about them for *years*. Again, get it? Three
    letters: N D A.
    Thanks, but I'd actually appreciate it more if people actually read
    what I write and *thought* about it a bit before making nasty
    comments like Chalk did.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 22, 2004