    questions and answers from the cheat sheet. Don't take the cheat sheets as a
    water float. It is pretty dangerous. Remmember, you need to be very clear
    with DNS...............

    wongcna, Sep 18, 2004

  2. wongcna

    Talyn Guest

    The point is you are cheating. You probably don't know
    what the hell you are doing and instead of learning the
    objectives of the exam and actually doing the work that
    needs to be done.

    People like you are the cancer of the Tech world and
    should be agreesively removed.

    Talyn

    Talyn, Sep 18, 2004

  3. don't be too dirty here

    it is real

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 18, 2004
  4. People like you are the cancer of the Tech world and
    we're her to help!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 18, 2004
  5. wongcna

    Talyn Guest

    To bad Microsoft doesn't take braindumps more seriously.
    It would be nice to have some of the sites sued over copy
    right laws.

    Talyn

    Talyn, Sep 18, 2004
  6. circa Sat, 18 Sep 2004 10:49:23 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Talyn () said,
    When is the last time you read a newspaper? They have, for crying out
    loud.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 18, 2004
  7. Laura A. Robinson, Sep 18, 2004
  8. When is the last time you read a newspaper? They have, for crying out
    yet more and more site come on stream each week with more and more
    'real question' test providers springing up with plenty of morons
    ready to sign up.

    In fairness there's not a lot ms can do. Oh wait a moment, they could
    change the format of the certification process......

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Sep 18, 2004
  9. wongcna

    RH Guest

    Why is it that Certs like Novell and Cisco don't have as
    much of a problem as MS does?

    I agree that MS needs to change the format of the Cert.
    Perhaps they should use the CCIE as an example.

    RH

    RH, Sep 18, 2004
  10. wongcna

    Talyn Guest

    I stand corrected.

    Talyn

    Talyn, Sep 18, 2004
  11. circa Sat, 18 Sep 2004 20:05:29 +0100, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, The Poster Formerly Known as Kline
    Ding ding ding.
    <sigh> Do you actually know how much that would cost, how poorly it
    would scale and what it would involve?

    A hint- a simple 55-question exam costs over half a million dollars
    to develop.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 18, 2004
  12. circa Sat, 18 Sep 2004 12:21:03 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, RH () said,
    1. When Novell had an actual market share, they had the EXACT same
    problem. You must not have actually been in the job market back then,
    or you'd know that. The term "paper"-<insert acronym> came from
    NOVELL's abundance of "paper tigers"; it didn't originate with the
    MCS* certs.
    2. Cisco *does* have the same problem, except for their CCN*E*
    certifications, which require hands-on, monitored testing.
    3. Cisco doesn't have *near* the number of certified people to
    support that Microsoft does.
    4. HOW, EXACTLY, do you propose that Microsoft gets half a million
    people through a hands-on certification process? Give actual
    solutions, not just gripes.

    Whine all you want, people, IT DOESN'T SCALE to do practice based
    certification. Cripes, do some freaking research before assuming that
    you are suggesting something that Microsoft hasn't looked into *far*
    more extensively than you have. You have *no* idea what kind of costs
    are involved here.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 18, 2004
  13. circa Sat, 18 Sep 2004 12:21:43 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, Talyn () said,
    No, you just stand as today's target for my ire 'cause there's no hot
    water in my building because my neighbors are morons and now I've
    missed a freaking wedding and will soon miss the reception because I
    can't BATHE.

    You're not the first to make such proclamations, and you made them
    far less inanely than most people do. I just get really, really sick
    of people making statements without having a clue what they're
    talking about (and this is not directed at you or anybody in
    particular).

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 18, 2004
  14. With all due respect... If ANYONE could afford it...

    Personally I think the returns on making their certs truly premier would be
    worth it.

    I think all certs should be hands-on, field testing.

    --
    Fris "But then that's just me" beeĀ®, MCNGP #13

    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help!
    http://www.mcngp.com

    Certaholics

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Sep 18, 2004
  15. wongcna

    Neil Guest

    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

    Neil, Sep 18, 2004
  16. wongcna

    Neil Guest

    you called?

    Neil, Sep 18, 2004
  17. wongcna

    Neil Guest

    trust me, they'd be happy to see you un-bathed...go...

    Neil, Sep 18, 2004
  18. wongcna

    Neil Guest

    I'd be willing to do it for half
    :)

    Neil, Sep 18, 2004
  19. wongcna

    RH Guest

    1. No I wasn't in the market at that time. Spent most of
    my early years in Electronics. In Novell's defense, the
    CNE's that I have had interaction with have been extreamly
    good at what they do. All have been in Directory Services
    long before MCSEs even knew what it was. Microsof ended up
    doing what it does best, being a bully. Just because you
    have the largest market share doesn't mean you are the
    best. Look at the VHS and Beta wars. Beta was a better
    format then VHS. But VHS had the marketting power behind
    it so it won out.
    2. Last Cisco Test I took it would have been difficult to
    pass seeing that you had to subnet, type commands, and
    design all on the test. Seemed that it would have been
    more difficult to pass a test when you are a braindump.
    3. Most Cisco Certified Professionals that I have meet are
    extreamly good. Perhaps that is why there is so few.
    4. The fact that Half a million people are certified may
    be the problem. Most MCSE's that I do know can't function
    in a field environment and have to be retrained anyway. I
    have meet few Microsoft professionals that could do the
    job they are paid to do. Perhaps if MS developed a lab
    based program like the CCIE the MCSE relm would be more
    valued. Yes you wouldn't have as many but you would know
    exactly what you do have when hiring an MCSE. The CCIE
    lab on a larger scale is exactly the solution that MS
    should explore.

    Cisco has been successful with its lab based cert. Yes
    there hasn't been as many CCIE's but when you do have one
    on board you know that you have a well trained person.
    Microsoft doesn't need to break the bank to implement
    this. They just need to look at existing implementations
    and follow them.

    RH

    RH, Sep 18, 2004
  20. circa Sat, 18 Sep 2004 16:17:06 -0400, in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=
    () said,
    Again, do you have *any* idea what the costs involved ARE? Seriously.
    I wasn't kidding about a simple 55-question test costing half a mil
    to develop. It's more than that, actually. FOR A 55 QUESTION NO-
    FRILLS TEST. That doesn't even include question seeding over the life
    of the test. Doesn't include simulations. Doesn't include drag-and-
    drop questions. NOTHING. Just Q&A. OVER HALF A MILLION DOLLARS. ONE
    TEST.
    No, they wouldn't. Not even close. Do the math. This isn't rocket
    science. The costs would be astronomical and the benefits marginal in
    comparison to what they already have.
    Then you need to propose how to do that in a manner that is even
    breathing in the direction of being cost-effective.

    SERIOUSLY, people, RESEARCH this. It is NOT as simple as you think it
    is.

    Laura

    Laura A. Robinson, Sep 18, 2004