    modem/router and if I buy a better one, it will not do that?

    can some one tell us please.

    thanks

    Gary Wessle, Dec 24, 2006

  2. Gary Wessle

    PeterD Guest

    yes, it is probably defective. I replaced two (different) routers in
    the last year for that same reason, but found a Linksys (Cisco) unit
    that works *much* better.

    I was actually thinking about having something (maybe a server) power
    down the router on a regular basis if the third router didn't fix the
    problem, but in the end it worked. (think X-10 with a small program to
    test connectivity, when it does a test of the Internet that fails,
    reset the router!)

    PeterD, Dec 24, 2006