Bootcamps / Learquick

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Thalador, Jan 5, 2006.

  1. Thalador

    Neil Guest

    I will agree with you on the first (Microsoft's work with Metrics that
    Matter and the compentency requirements should help to improve this, but
    not everyone teaches MOC), fourth (I personally have a 12 student limit
    and prefer smaller classes), fifth (it should be only ONE subject IMNSHO)
    and sixth (while not always possible, I will agree to "as in depth as
    possible for the time alloted") items completely.

    I will disagree with the 2nd unless all students are coming from teh same
    organisation. If it is a public class then this is unrealistic as every
    student would have a different agenda and the course would be 8 years
    long.

    The 3rd is just silly unless you are teaching a class of one. Well, maybe
    not, but it is difficult to find a group (again, unless they are from the
    same organisation) that would have similar experiences and requirements
    for something that is a new product. A good trainer should be able to
    gauge the audience and should be able to teach to the group as a whole.
    There are instances however, where one student is so far behind
    compentnecy wise that it grinds the whole group to a crawl. There are
    ways around this, but since we are dealing with capitalism, salesmen will
    sell a course whether you meet the pre-req's or not. I feel your pain,
    but that's life. If you have a good trainer, you will not notice this _as
    much_

    now as for that last one, if all of the other attendees are hot babes,
    why would I want you messing up the view?

    Neil, Jan 9, 2006

  2. Thalador

    Neil Guest

    friggin eats shoots and leaves all over...

    Neil, Jan 9, 2006

  3. Thalador

    Kline Sphere Guest

    needs of attendees's.
    lol! cut 'n' past for ya

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 9, 2006
  4. Thalador

    Kline Sphere Guest

    I will disagree with the 2nd unless all students are coming from teh same
    Which is why the organization I'm with hire the trainer and design the
    course to our own needs in conjunction with the training company.
    Granted I'm mainly taking here about software tools and products, but
    we would want to see the training applied in way that relates to our
    business.
    No it's not. If you have varying levels of understanding, people will
    be ahead or behind at the start. This is common problem I've heard
    from people taking external courses, "We had to start at the very
    beginning because the two dudes at back knew nothing". It does,
    however, raise the question why such people were on the course in the
    beginning.

    btw, I'd say twelve people on any IT course is too many, unless, they
    are indeed seriously hot babes.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 9, 2006
  5. Thalador

    Neil Guest

    you've been editing something from the past? Talk about revisionist history
    :)

    Neil, Jan 9, 2006
  6. Thalador

    Neil Guest

    this is only realistic for compnies with huge IT Training budgets. most
    have difficulty with the ones and twos. Don't get me wrong, I think it's
    great if you can do it, but I don't know how realistic this is for a lot
    of SMBs
    I have been in classes where the brainics weren't as smart as they
    thought they were. one benefit of starting everyone in the room off at
    the same point is that there is a chance for review of basic concepts for
    everyone and then everyone is on the same page.
    the largest group I taught effectively was 16. my average class is
    between 4 to 10 students. I like about 6 (though not a very profitable
    number) as this number seems to have the best balance for discussion
    level (more students can prolong discussion and cause time management
    issues) and for student interaction (often there will be the opprotunity
    for one student to learn from another).

    btw, if it was all hot babes, I wouldn't care how many were there.

    Neil, Jan 9, 2006
  7. Thalador

    LRM Guest

    Please tell you are joking.

    LRM, Jan 10, 2006
  8. Thalador

    Hugh Jorgan Guest

    Like i said... I will not recommend it to anyone. The main reason i went
    was, it was suggested by my boss, and the company had some State funds
    that were allocated to training, that were going to be lost at the end
    of the year. Far be it from me to turn down the opportunity...

    I do agree with the point that you made about the class size in a later
    post. 23 was way too big. I was expecting 10-12, but i guess everyone
    wanted to buy themselves an MCSE for XMas last year.

    Dont get me wrong. I did learn allot at this school, but it probably
    wasnt much more than i could have learned on my own given the time and
    hands on work.

    BTW the class was all lecture... Very little actual "lab" work

    Hugh Jorgan, Jan 10, 2006
  9. Thalador

    Kline Sphere Guest

    and the company had some State funds
    By State funds you mean hard working folk's taxes.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 10, 2006
  10. Thalador

    Kline Sphere Guest

    BTW the class was all lecture... Very little actual "lab" work

    Might as well read a book or two then.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 10, 2006
  11. Thalador

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    what! read! a book!! what a bloody amazing concept!

    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/
    --
    "Hate perfectly describes my feelings. I loathe you. I detest you. I think
    CBIC, circa 2005

    Rowdy Yates, Jan 10, 2006
  12. Thalador

    Kline Sphere Guest

    what! read! a book!! what a bloody amazing concept!

    only if the book does not contain big words and has lots of pretty
    pictures.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 10, 2006
  13. Thalador

    Hugh Jorgan Guest

    Yup.... like the money that i have paid over the last 20 years!!

    I think i qualify as a hard working folk....

    Hugh Jorgan, Jan 10, 2006
  14. Thalador

    Kline Sphere Guest

    and the company had some State funds
    lol!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Jan 10, 2006
  15. Thalador

    LnkWizard Guest

    Playboy is not a book, it is a magazine. Although their 40 year
    compendium (BTW, I got my copy for free) was a really close.
    It was like a large coffee table book but it had soft covers instead
    of being a hardcover book.
    Lnkwizard2 MCNGP 2^5

    http://www.mcngp.com

    LnkWizard, Jan 10, 2006
  16. Thalador

    Neil Guest

    some of it...well, not the hot babes thing...

    Neil, Jan 10, 2006
  17. Thalador

    Neil Guest

    AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

    Neil, Jan 10, 2006
  18. Thalador

    Neil Guest

    so, like, Playboy?

    Neil, Jan 10, 2006
  19. Thalador

    Neil Guest

    DANGIT! You! Get out of my Brain!

    Neil, Jan 10, 2006
  20. Thalador

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    great writing too. i always just got it for the articles. thats what i
    always told the old lady at the quicki mart back when i used to buy them..
    before the InterNeil started providing for free.

    Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
    http://www.mcngp.com/

    Rowdy Yates, Jan 10, 2006