Bootable Image

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Kippers, Jul 1, 2006.

  1. Kippers

    Kippers Guest

    First of all thanks for any response given and sorry if this sounds stupid
    to you.

    I have a computer with no 3.5 disk drive.

    I have a CD & DVD Burner installed.
    2.4 Gig Processor
    800 and change for Ram

    Here is what I want to do with my computer and I am wondering if this is
    possible.

    I want to format completely.
    I want to install Win XP with all the Updates
    I want to install Microsoft Office 2003

    Can I image my computer on to 1 DVD and later reinsert the DVD to reinstall
    Windows so I do not have to format all the time.

    Is there a software that will allow me to do this without a floppy disk
    drive. Because from what I have been reading I have to have a floopy drive
    installed.

    Thanks again for all your help.

    Kip
    Remove 1 O from Y a h o o if replying by email.

    Kippers, Jul 1, 2006

  2. Ghost....

    -Art- (not Art)

    -Art- (not Art), Jul 1, 2006

  3. Kippers

    Kippers Guest

    You mean use Norton Ghost?
    Thanks.

    Kippers, Jul 1, 2006
  4. Kippers

    FML Guest

    Try Acronis True Image

    FML, Jul 1, 2006
  5. Kippers

    Demnos Guest

    Before doing anything:
    why don't you make a bootable image of doss 6.22 on a CD-rom or DVD. If on a
    DVD you could have all your programs setup to boot of the disc the load
    sequencialy.
    Demnos

    Demnos, Jul 1, 2006
  6. Kippers

    art2u Guest

    yep, best software backup program our there.

    art2u, Jul 1, 2006
  7. Kippers

    Tony\(UK\) Guest

    In your opinion. in mine, the easiest, cheapest, smallest in size, and most
    reliable is: Image for Windows from http://terabyteunlimited.com/imagew.html

    After trying them all, used this for years.

    Wab

    Tony\(UK\), Jul 1, 2006
  8. I tried em all also. been using Ghost for years with no problems.

    Bolivar

    Bolivar Shagnasti, Jul 1, 2006
  9. Kippers

    Wab Guest

    Good for you.
    The trouble arises when we suggest the software we use, assured in the
    personal knowledge that it is the dog's doo-daas. Others also have theirs.
    I just suggested the program I use, and am not inclined to subscribe to the
    'My Dad's bigger than your Dad' attitude of MS and IE Bashers, Firefox
    lovers, etc. etc.

    You're happy, I'm happy, the OP is happy he has got the choice.
    Happy Days.

    Wab.

    Wab, Jul 2, 2006
  10. Kippers

    Plato Guest

    A 1.44 drive is still highly recommended to save you time and money.

    Plato, Jul 3, 2006