    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general is not moderated, AFAIK. Most
    newsgroups aren't. Those that are typically end in .moderated.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 8, 2009

  2. Denise

    westom Guest

    We essentially agree. However others attribute all type of mythical
    damage to power cycling. It does not happen. Damage more often
    occurs at other times. But since they saw the damage only on a power
    on, then they immediately *know* power cycling must have caused the
    damage. Classic junk science reasoning is to know based only on
    observation; did not first learn the underlying principles and
    concepts.

    Another example: the light bulb burned out when powered on.
    Therefore power cycling is destructive to light bulbs. Even the
    industry bible on light bulbs says otherwise. But they saw it fail
    when powered on - and did not bother to learn more. Therefore they
    know power cycling destroys light bulbs - not matter how many times
    you put the equations and research in front of them. Junk science is
    alive and well when observation becomes fact.

    westom, May 8, 2009