    If it helps, the two brands I'm considering are Canon (Powershot A95
    or others), and Sony (multiple models).

    Thanks for your help!

    Moo, Nov 19, 2004

  2. Moo

    Ed Ruf Guest

    Doesn't every full review on DPReview give this info?
    http:www.dpreview.com
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Nov 19, 2004

  3. Moo

    Roger Guest

    I don't know much about the P&S, but the D70 is basically instant on
    and no detectable delay on shooting. However if you use a big lens
    there may be a short focusing delay.

    (N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
    www.rogerhalstead.com

    Roger, Nov 20, 2004
  4. This is pretty much my experience with my new Konica-Minolta Maxxum 7D -
    when I turn it on, it is ready to go before I get it up to my eye.
    Shutter lag seems quite minimal after AF is achieved - that varies
    greatly with lens and lighting conditions.

    Bob ^,,^

    Bob Harrington, Nov 20, 2004