boot request errors

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by James, May 14, 2004.

  1. James

    James Guest

    Hello,

    I've inherited a cisco 1721 (IOS 12.2)
    router that keeps echoing these messages
    to the screen (console or telnet session):

    %Error opening
    tftp://255.255.255.255/cisconet.cfg
    (Timed out)
    %Error opening
    tftp://255.255.255.255/fgua3-confg
    (Timed out)
    %Error opening
    tftp://255.255.255.255/network-confg
    (Timed out)

    I've tried:
    no tftp-server system

    no boot-start-marker
    no boot system flash

    and
    no boot host
    no boot network
    no boot system

    Nothing stops these errors...

    Do I need to access the flash/bios
    to kill these tftp attempts?

    IDEAS complete with syntax are most welcome!

    James

    James, May 14, 2004

  2. James

    Patrick Guest

    Hi James,

    To disable this service confuiguration behavior, add the following
    command to your configuration:

    no service config

    Regards,

    Patrick

    Patrick, May 14, 2004

  3. Next time you might want to go to google groups and try a search. You'd find
    it in a minute and not have to wait for someone to tell you. Not only that
    this question is asked all the time and we're sick of seeing it. You have
    heard of search engines haven't you?

    JR

    Johnny Routin, May 14, 2004
  4. James

    James Guest

    Thanks Patrick,

    That did the trick.

    Funny thing is googling around does not
    find the answer ( or non of the boolean
    search strings I tried), only lots of
    folks with the same problem,

    and lots of assholes with smart_ass
    comments.....

    Thanks again for your help!

    James

    James, May 14, 2004
  5. You're joking here, right? Googling on tftp://255.255.255.255/cisconet.cfg
    bring up a page on the cisco web site which tells you how to sort it.

    Bob { Goddard }, May 14, 2004
  6. James

    os4mike

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2008
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Average human beings

    James,

    Too bad I only saw this thread now and also twice as bad that you had 2 morons in the same thread.

    Never be afraid to ask questions, it's the only way to really learn.
    It's a shame that sometimes you get the answers from a bunch of wankers.

    How disgraceful some people are to try to belittle you for not finding something that they probably were told about by a friend anyway!
    Continue to ask questions. That's what forums are about, HELPING people.

    Velocity --- Get rid of these members, there will others out there who can help without making you feel bad for asking!

    os4mike, Jan 4, 2008
  7. James

    elazde

    Joined: