    could PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP give me what the basic boot.ini file
    looks like, I would greatly appreciate it.

    Thanks!

    TsbTech, Sep 25, 2003

  2. TsbTech

    PC Guest

    Just looked at two of my Win98 machines, neither has a "Boot.ini"
    Windows XP however does and contains (in this case)

    [boot loader]
    timeout=30
    [operating systems]
    Professional" /fastdetect

    To what end do you need this file?

    Paul

    PC, Sep 25, 2003

  3. TsbTech

    PJB Guest

    Win98 doesn't have a boot.ini file, NT4/2k/XP use boot.ini
    when there is more than one operating system in use.

    P.

    PJB, Sep 25, 2003
  4. TsbTech

    Mistoffolees Guest

    Partially correct. Boot.ini is found in these OS's, regardless of the number
    of operating systems installed.

    Mistoffolees, Sep 25, 2003
  5. TsbTech

    Patrick Guest

    Here is a link to go-on with, but thiere are loads more if you Google for
    "boot.ini"

    Patrick, Sep 25, 2003
  6. Howdy!

    <blink> There isn't one.

    BOOT.INI is used on NT class OSes, not 9X class OSes.

    If you have a 9x OS with a BOOT.INI, then it's because it's
    dual-booted with an NT class OS.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Sep 25, 2003
  7. TsbTech

    TsbTech Guest

    If win 98 doesnt normally have it, I am deleting it! Looks like
    someone may have thought about upgrading the computer I am working on
    and stopped once they started.

    TsbTech, Sep 25, 2003
  8. TsbTech

    Plato Guest