    xp 32bit with XP 64bit. I am unsure of how to get my system to boot from the
    63bit CD. There was no problem booting to the 32bit CD.
    Thanks.

    Guest, Jun 22, 2007

  2. Guest

    Theo Guest

    If your system will boot from the 32-bit CD, then it should
    also be capable of booting from the 64-bit CD unless you
    either have a defective CD or the IA64 version which
    requires an Intel Itanium CPU.

    Theo, Jun 22, 2007

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks Theo. I'll re-burn a new CD as I know the version I have is not for
    the Intel as I have an AMD 64bit processor. I may repost if problem continues.

    Guest, Jun 22, 2007
  4. Guest

    XS11E Guest

    Maybe a bad CD? Do you have a CD ROM drive AND a CD or DVD burner? If
    so, try putting the CD in the burner and booting on it. For some
    reason, I've found my burner will read CDs that my CD ROM doesn't like.

    One other thing, if it reads on the burner you might want to do a copy
    to a new CD, it might work better.

    XS11E, Jun 22, 2007
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give that a try. I did re-burn the ISO and on
    my initial try, during the copying of files, there were some errors = so I am
    trying it again. No rest for the weary!!

    Guest, Jun 22, 2007
  6. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Make sure to set your burner to burn at a slow speed. Has helped many get a
    good burn.

    John Barnes, Jun 22, 2007
  7. John is right. We've seen a lot of bad burn issues over the last year, and
    they seem to be getting worse. Please use a burning program that does a
    verify pass, and try your burn at a slower speed.

    Also, just a reminder for anyone reading this thread - you must burn the ISO
    as an _image_ to the CD. Not copy the file to the CD.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 23, 2007