Books with genuine "Roadmap" instructions?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by SR, Nov 8, 2003.

  1. SR

    SR Guest

    I know that there is the "Dummies for XX" series, but some beginners in my
    computer user group are looking for something a bit more precise with
    screenshots included.
    For example, which software book series can satisfy my grandmother who has
    no special
    knowledge about computers but want to use one and do reasonable things with
    it?

    What I am looking for are books where you can look up the table of contents,
    select the topic, go to the page and read:

    Click Start / Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Computer Management /
    Services and Applications / Indexing Service / Systems / Directories / Type
    into Path: C:\XXXYYYZZZ.... Click "Finish"

    In other words, totally foolproof descriptions!
    Years ago I had such a book for WordPerfect 5.1 (DOS) which let me "program"
    various kinds of macros, prepare newsletters, etc., without heavily study
    all functions which I would never need.

    Any hint is appreciated.
    There is special interest in MS Office, Windows XP incl. Outlook Express.

    Any hint is appreciated.

    Thanks,
    SR

    SR, Nov 8, 2003

  2. SR

    docmill Guest

    There should be a book titled "Why does Gramma put up with you?" Read what
    you didn't say. It's not something you hide or deny the time for is it?
    I don't think the XXX for Dummies will go over, unless it's the VFW Mon. nite
    BQ again. And I thought the infomercials were worthless. But you can always
    order the 99 CD set ot learn how to ......

    docmill, Nov 8, 2003

  3. What drugs are you on?

    3-Ethyl-1-Dimethoxybenzoyl-Morpholinomethyl-Butylp, Nov 8, 2003
  4. SR

    Liz Guest

    Liz, Nov 8, 2003
  5. SR

    docmill Guest

    I'm holding my side trying not to laugh at this anymore, but go on , keep
    on. M B a serious link, ........

    docmill, Nov 8, 2003
  6. SR

    Stickems Guest