    - MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit: Developing XML Web Services and Server
    Components with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual C# .NET

    Thank You for Your answer, Jannis

    Jannis Linxeiler, Sep 14, 2003

  2. Jannis Linxeiler

    Jim Parker Guest

    Those three plus the Exam 70-300 book, plus DVD and cd and 15% off voucher
    for each of the 4 tests.
    Kinda dumb to buy them separately unless you just plan to take one test.

    Jim Parker, Sep 14, 2003

  3. Jannis Linxeiler

    Joe DeVasure Guest

    Jannis,
    Yes these are one and the same.
    305/315 (Windows Apps vb or c#)
    306/316 (Webs Apps vb or c#)
    310/320 (XML Services vb or c#)
    300 (.Net Solutions Architectures)
    be advised though of a couple things though.
    1. The books them selves nor the exams on the CD's
    personally did not prepare me for the exams and I am a
    MCSD .Net.
    2. You must have a firm background in VB in order to
    pass the exams. There is much in the exams that is not
    taught in the books.
    3. Most importantly you still have to successfully pass
    an elective in order to get your MCSD the list is at
    www.microsoft.com/traincert
    4. The exams you listed above by themseleves (no
    electives) will get you and MCAD

    Hope this helps
    Joe

    Joe DeVasure, Sep 15, 2003
  4. Hi !

    Thank You for Your answers.

    I foud some other books on the internet.

    They are wirten by Amit Kalani and published by Que.

    " MCAD/MCSD Training Guide (70-315): Developing and Implementing Web
    Applications with Visual C# and Visual Studio.NET"
    " MCAD/MCSD Training Guide (70-316): Developing and Implementing
    Windows-Based Applications with Visual C# and Visual Studio.NET "
    " MCAD/MCSD Training Guide (70-320): Developing XML Web Services and Server
    Components with Visual C# .NET and the .NET Framework"

    Do you think this series might be a better choice for preparing for the
    exams?

    Thanx, Jannis

    Jannis Linxeiler, Sep 15, 2003
  5. Jannis Linxeiler

    Rich Guest

    Joe...

    I'm getting ready to take 70-305 - what kinds of things
    were not covered in the book?

    Id really appreciate any help you can offer.

    ....Rich

    Rich, Sep 15, 2003
  6. Jannis Linxeiler

    Joe DeVasure Guest

    Rich,
    While I can't get into the specifics of the test (per
    the vue\pearson agreement) suffice to say make sure you
    have a clear understanding of the core of the things.
    You can purchase transender test or the self test
    software to test rsediness. There are other things out
    there that are available to help you to prepare for the
    test but are not sactioned by microsoft. Any google
    search can lead you in the right way.
    Hope that helps
    Joe

    Joe DeVasure, Sep 16, 2003