    How do I get them back into browser?

    TIA

    Terry

    TGS, Mar 16, 2005

  2. TGS

    Ed Mullen Guest

    The bookmarks.html file belongs in your profile folder, NOT the program
    folder. See: http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz_profile.html

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Mar 16, 2005

  3. TGS

    someone Guest

    If this is the case, why are my personal bookmarks located HERE:

    c:\windows\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\45py24g7.default

    There IS one in a sub-directory of FF, called profiles. That is ONLY
    the default bookmarks that FF gives us, an is links to FF.

    I hate it when ANY program sticks stuff in my windows folder. It
    belongs in the FF folder. And that 45py24g7.default directory name is
    atrocious. Why do they create folders with such atrocious names?

    To the OP, look in a folder named the same or similar to the one I
    provided above.

    someone, Mar 16, 2005
  4. TGS

    Xanophile Guest

    I've had many people complain that they lose their bookmarks. It
    doesn't seem to be an UNcommon occurance with ff.

    Only one of the many reasons I don't recommend it. Too bad the put the
    kibosh on their real browser.

    Xanophile, Mar 16, 2005
  5. TGS

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Because that IS your profile folder.
    Are you saying this is another path in addition to the one you cited above?
    Well, there are standard locations the Microsoft uses for such things.
    Mozilla follows those.
    It was done as a security measure. You can find the discussions about
    the "salted" folder name in Bugzilla.
    For info on profiles locations see:
    http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz_profile.html

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/moz.html
    http://edmullen.net/Mozilla/seamonk.html
    How much deeper would oceans be if sponges didn't live there?

    Ed Mullen, Mar 17, 2005