Bonding SHDSL lines

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Lars L. Christensen, Jul 20, 2004.

  1. Hello fellow networkers

    I have a small question for you guys... I've got a setup like the one
    shown below and all equipment is owned and operated by me.

    1721 DSLAM 2691
    +-------+ +-----+ +-------+
    | DSL 0 |---| --- |---| DSL 0 |
    LAN A --| | | | | |-- LAN B
    | DSL 1 |---| --- |---| DSL 1 |
    +-------+ +-----+ +-------+

    I wish to make connection from LAN A to LAN B look like a RFC 1483
    bridge. I don't have any problems making a connection from DSL 0 to DSL 0
    and DSL 1 to DSL 1, however, I would like to avoid any IP addressing.

    Now I need some advice to my next step.

    I "fear" that I need to use IP addressing, maybe in conjunction with
    multiline PPP, making the 2691 the access server and the 1721 the client.

    I've got control over the entire setup.

    Hope to get some helpfull hints...

    Cheers
    Lars Christensen