  1. David

    Mark Carver Guest

    "Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men."

    Mark Carver, Apr 6, 2015

  2. What absolute bollocks you are speaking.

    Recently (within the last few years) Ryde Pier was refurbished. A
    temporary platform was constructed out of scaffolding for the general
    public to use as a walkway. There was no need special training for the
    public to use this walkway, despite the fact that it was at height (and
    when the tide was in, at height over water).

    If it was an absolute requirement that anyone on a scaffolding platform
    needed special training, then they would not have been able to use a
    scaffolding platform for a temporary walkway for the general public
    without providing suitable training.

    Denis McMahon, Apr 6, 2015

  3. David

    Kraftee Guest

    You can think what you think, but I know what is trained and briefed out to
    all Openreach engineers.

    Sorry if that doesn't fit into your reality

    Kraftee, Apr 7, 2015
  4. David

    Kraftee Guest

    And for those who are liable to be sued if anything does go wrong.

    Kraftee, Apr 7, 2015
  5. David

    Mark Carver Guest

    That's hardly the spirit of adventure that progressed mankind from
    living in caves. ;-)

    Mark Carver, Apr 7, 2015
  6. David

    newshound Guest

    He's only just said that.

    newshound, Apr 7, 2015
  7. David

    Kraftee Guest

    Don't worry it's still working its way thru....

    Kraftee, Apr 8, 2015