Board moderator

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Nicholas Hudson, Dec 17, 2003.

  1. May I please be told who the board moderator is. I need help.

    Nicholas Hudson, Dec 17, 2003

  2. Nicholas Hudson

    why? Guest

    Which board?

    The newsgroup (24hoursupport.helpdesk) you wandered into is not a
    board and is not moderated.

    Me

    why?, Dec 17, 2003

  3. Nicholas Hudson

    Ionizer Guest

    That's me. How may I be of assistance?

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Dec 17, 2003
  4. Nicholas Hudson

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Nicholas Hudson said:
    That would be him over there ------------------------------->
    But don't complain about anything, or he will eat everyones doughnuts.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 17, 2003
  5. 1. It is a newsgroup, not a "board."
    2. There is no moderator. If there were, you would already have been banned.
    3. You were jumped on for spamming because spamming is verboten EVERYWHERE
    in newsgroups EXCEPT for groups which specifically allow it. That's usually
    indicated in their names (for example, all of the biz. hierarchy).
    4. ALWAYS READ A GROUP BEFORE POSTING IN IT. That willl give you a good idea
    about what is and is not okay.

    Gary G. Taylor, Dec 17, 2003
  6. Nicholas Hudson

    Mara Guest

    This isn't a board. It's a world-wide usenet newsgroup, and there is no charter
    or moderator.

    Mara, Dec 17, 2003
  7. Nicholas Hudson

    Unk Guest

    Not a board, and no moderator. Just ask for help and if someone has an
    idea, they'll reply.

    BTW, You need to learn how to "munge" your email address against the spam
    bots that search the public forums for valid email addresses. E-mail isn't
    public, therefore you don't need to munge it.

    http://webreference.com/outlook/column30/page2.html
    http://www.forumscentral.com/email/spam.htm

    "Why Am I Getting All This Spam? Unsolicited Commercial E-mail Research Six
    Month Report"
    http://www.cdt.org/speech/spam/030319spamreport.shtml

    If you still want to munge your email address, Use ""
    Send an e-mail to to see why.
    (Hint: They send out a small autoresponse) http://privacy.net/email/

    Another email address you can use is [whatever you want]@example.com
    (or ".net" or ".org") because those three names are reserved and any

    To see what your browser gives away about you:
    http://privacy.net/analyze/

    Unk, Dec 17, 2003
  8. Nicholas Hudson

    Ionizer Guest

    Irony is wonderful, isn't it? The spammer who got spammed.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Dec 17, 2003
  9. Nicholas Hudson

    Richard Guest

    The position of moderator is available.
    To qualify, one must have a college degree (Ph D preferred) in quantam
    mechanical theories and applications, and 10 years of experience in the
    molecular structural designing of widgets.
    Total working knowledge of all operating systems and any field of public
    interest is also helpful.
    But you must be willing to work unpaid and be online 24 hours a day seven
    days a week.

    If you've got a question, jusk ask it.
    You don't need anyone's permission.

    Richard, Dec 17, 2003
  10. Nicholas Hudson

    Avenger© Guest

    Nikky, exactly what do you need help with??

    Below is Nikky's reply to my email spam reports (which I have started
    to Cc to the dumb one's who use unmunged or commercial addresses).
    Nikky, if you post ANY spam here at any time, I will report it. So
    will (probably) dozens of others. By the way, I just LOVE wasting my
    time on people like you. If you would like me to prove that, go ahead
    and spam this NG again!!!

    -------------------------

    How were my actions spamming? If you want to report me, go ahead --
    , , ,
    . I have done nothing wrong . Have fun wasting your
    time.

    Avenger©, Dec 17, 2003
  11. Nicholas Hudson

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Richard said:
    That rules you out then.
    So does that.
    Definitely out of the question for you here.
    Or live in a trailer park without a job or a friend to occupy your time.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 17, 2003
  12. Nicholas Hudson

    Bea Con Guest

    & wear a Starfleet Academy uniform.

    in message

    Bea Con, Dec 17, 2003
  13. Nicholas Hudson

    Bea Con Guest

    So lay on the doctor's lounge & tell him all about how you
    were sexually abused by your mother when you were first
    born.

    Bea Con, Dec 17, 2003
  14. Nicholas Hudson

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Isn't he the one that got dropped on his head when he was 6 months old?

    Brian H¹©, Dec 17, 2003
  15. Nicholas Hudson

    Flighty Guest

    IMHO from a psychological perspective this level of need is indicative of
    either an Oedipus complex driving un-natural associative desires, or in
    Freudian terms, born of a trauma during potty training which now aggravates
    the bearer with gratification from witholding faeces and overburdened with a
    desire for CONTROL

    Flighty, Dec 17, 2003
  16. Nicholas Hudson

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Witholding faeces? As in, doesn't give a shit?

    Brian H¹©, Dec 17, 2003
  17. Nicholas Hudson

    bb3 Guest

    Are you talking about that Harrison guy who was (is?) posting here?

    bb3, Dec 17, 2003
  18. Nicholas Hudson

    Bea Con Guest

    To sumarize what the 'board' thinks of you & you're question
    in the order of news.bigpond.com.

    - Why? are you calling this a board.
    - Ionizer is the 'board' moderator
    - Brian knows where Ionizer is & thinks he's obsessed with
    doughnuts.
    - Gary thinks that ionizer is a figment of everyone's
    imagination.
    - Mara believes that we're all groupies without any
    political afilliations but makes no mention of whether she
    accepts ionizer as our moderator
    - Unk is someone that I can't think of a smart arse response
    for.
    - Our exalted leader has returned implying that because
    you're an arse hole, we're all gonna be arse holes to you.
    - Richard believes thad ionizer has left us in the lerch
    - Brian thinks that Richard is brain dead & should be hidden
    in a trailer park where everyone can pretend that he doesn't
    exist.
    - I think that you just dress up & look like a ... well
    whatever
    - Hawk thinks that Richard's education ended prematurally
    - Avenger is just a plain nice guy/gal
    - I've got an obsession with Nicholas's Mum.
    - Brian is concerned about the level of safety during your
    birth
    - Flighty believes that richard omitted a psychological
    background from the list of qualifications that you need for
    the job.
    - Brian has offered an opinion of proctological nature.
    - Bea Con is just a plain dickhead with too much free time.
    - bb3 believes that a person called Harison may or maynot
    subscribe to this ng. I support that assertion & believe
    that he is the vice moderator trying to destabolise the ng
    by morphing to 'nicholas hudson' & renaming it to the
    24hoursupport.help desk BOARD!.

    Bea Con, Dec 18, 2003
  19. Nicholas Hudson

    Mara Guest

    On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 02:47:05 GMT, Bea Con wrote:

    News flash - even though you've pulled your finger out of your ass long enough
    to type, it still stinks. :)

    You may be delusional enough to think you can read minds by long distance, but I
    don't recall ever giving you, or anyone else, permission to speak for me.

    THERE IS NO WE. Got it?
    "That was the only real truth in the entire post. Buh-bye, now."

    Mara, Dec 18, 2003
  20. Fig NEWTON. Quote accurately, please. Thank you.

    Gary G. Taylor, Dec 18, 2003