    and switch it from the setting "9300k for general use" to "6500k from
    image management" the whole screen gets really blurry

    any suggestions on how to fix it would be really appreciated

    Dan Irwin, Nov 5, 2003

  2. Dan Irwin

    Kent_Diego Guest

    The difference in brightness is causing an increase in current through
    flyback transformer resulting in decrease of high Voltage which de-focuses
    monitor. I suspect flyback transformer is bad. Play with brightness. Some
    older monitors have focus adjustment in back but not likely. A flyback costs
    ~$50 but new 17" monitor is only $70 or so. If you hear crackling in back,
    you may be able to fix by cleaning dust from back of CRT and around high
    Voltage area but not likely.

    Monitors are cheap, get a new one.

    -Kent

    Kent_Diego, Nov 5, 2003

  3. Dan Irwin

    Dan Irwin Guest

    i just had to ajust the color on custon to 50% red, blue and green

    Dan Irwin, Nov 5, 2003