    - usually two, often the top too and often the top left.

    Thanks,
    Alex.

    pallex, Apr 26, 2004

  2. pallex

    nixjunk Guest

    I've just bought a Canon Powershot A80. It's a great camera (my first
    How blurry? Most lenses are softer at the corners. That's normal. The wider the
    lens aperture is the worse it will be. Take some test pictures of a say a
    newspaper taped to a wall and then test it at different apertures and zoom
    settings.

    nixjunk, Apr 26, 2004

  3. Try forcing a wide aperture. That should enhance any focusing and lens
    flaws.

    I'd take it back.

    Kevin McMurtrie, Apr 27, 2004
  4. pallex

    pallex Guest

    Extremely blurred. I'll perform your test later today and post my
    results. Because I've been playing with the thing quite a bit and
    using a variety of settings including auto I couldn't tell you what
    the aperture was.

    Thanks,
    Alex.

    ps. I'll be posting another question to this group in a few moments so
    stay tuned!

    pallex, Apr 27, 2004
  5. pallex

    druidh Guest

    Might be a stoopid question but - are you using any filters? I'm thinking
    you might be seeing some vignetting at wider settings?

    druidh

    druidh, Apr 27, 2004
  6. pallex

    pallex Guest

    I checked out about 500 pics, using a program to look at the Exif data
    on the pictures, and I have to admit that maybe I was wrong. There's
    no correlation between aperture setting, shutter speed etc and blurry
    corners. Also, I couldn't find any examples of blurry corners in
    situations where the corner was in focus. So on a picture of someone
    sitting on a bench, the floor underneath them was obviously much
    closer than the trees etc in the background, which were out of focus,
    including the corners!

    I think the reason why I thought there was a problem was because on
    the first few shots I took there was a lot of sun coming through
    trees/windows in the corner, so in addition to the out of focus blur
    there was also `purpling`.

    Thanks to all who helped, and I'll be posting that second question now
    to a new thread!

    pallex, Apr 28, 2004