    there is a Bluetooth module on my computer, but it is present in the
    Device Manager, and the drivers are up to date.

    Any ideas?

    Panserbjorn, May 9, 2007

  2. Panserbjorn

    Pennywise Guest

    Just a guess, do you have a virtual port for the phone, and if so are
    they the same IRQ (port and phone)?

    Start | Run <type in>
    devmgmt.msc
    <enter>
    Ports (com & LPT)

    Pennywise, May 9, 2007

  3. Panserbjorn

    Pennywise Guest

    Or whatever Vista uses for the system display

    Pennywise, May 9, 2007
  4. Panserbjorn

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    Oh it's devmgmt.msc, but the Run is now under Accessories.

    I had to make a desktop short-cut for Run. :)

    Mr. Arnold, May 9, 2007
  5. Panserbjorn

    Panserbjorn Guest

    Device Manager shows no "Ports" branch, or anything referencing COM.
    The Bluetooth manager says it doesn't recognize /anything/ attached to
    it, which I would guess includes my mouse, though I'm still using that
    with the computer. Don't know if that changes anything.

    Thanks.

    Panserbjorn, May 9, 2007
  7. Panserbjorn

    Pennywise Guest

    XP and below you need virtual ports for Bluetooth to communicate.

    XP and below you goto the add new hardware and install a virtual com
    port.

    Since no com ports are being shown they are pry turned off in the
    bios. can't explain why the mouse works and your not showing a com
    port. But Bluetooth requires a virtual port for the phone.

    Turning on the com ports in the Bios will not help you at all, if they
    are disabled.

    Just incase: to connect the two you need to have the computer search
    for devices, and the phone set to pair a new device.

    Panserbjorn, May 9, 2007
  9. Panserbjorn

    Panserbjorn Guest

    If turning on the com ports in the BIOS won't help, what other
    solutions are there?

    I've set the phone to be discoverable, but I can't even have the
    computer search for new devices. It just says "No local Bluetooth
    device found" as soon as I try to click "Search for a new device". It
    doesn't even pause to search, it just gives up.

    Panserbjorn, May 9, 2007
  11. Panserbjorn

    Pennywise Guest

    Add new hardware, install virtual com ports - Bluetooth won't use the
    bios com ports.

    Pennywise, May 9, 2007
  12. Panserbjorn

    Aardvark Guest

    Are you sure you have Bluetooth enabled on your phone?

    Aardvark, May 9, 2007