    distance would probably be 6 or 7 feet to the ceiling and perhaps 8 or
    ten feet over in the room above.

    Thanks.

    John, Jul 6, 2006

  2. John

    Pennywise Guest

    |>A friend has a Compaq Presarion 2210US notebook computer which is not
    |>bluetooth capable. Can anyone suggest a good USB bluetooth adapter
    |>that will give her notebook bluetooth capability?

    There are lots, I use an AmbiCom which works for me.

    |>Also, she wants to install her bluetooth-enabled printer in a room
    |>directly above where she uses her notebook computer. How good is the
    |>bluetooth signal at penetrating through a single floor? The total
    |>distance would probably be 6 or 7 feet to the ceiling and perhaps 8 or
    |>ten feet over in the room above.

    Bluetooth range is about 10 feet, no obstructions.

    Pennywise, Jul 6, 2006

  3. There are 2 classes of bluetooth devices, one for about 10m, the other up to
    100m (300ft) range. My computer can bluetalk with the cellphone even when
    it's in the refrigerator (closed door) and one or 2 floors down the
    stairhouse. It's got a MSI bluetooth "dongle" with separate antenna,
    however.

    Walter Mautner, Jul 6, 2006
  4. John

    Pennywise Guest

    wrote:

    |>10 feet

    Ok meters, I'm not used to the metric system :}

    Pennywise, Jul 6, 2006