    You can get a decent lunch at many pubs in Britian too. I like Cornish
    Pasties, Pork Pies, Ploughmans Lunch, Steak and Kidney pie etc. so it is
    a matter of taste.

    Dave Seven, May 8, 2008

  2. .....Ah, and THAT'S why Blu-ray sales tanked? :)

    (People, Criterion finally announced "Third Man", "Last Emperor", and
    "Man Who Fell to Earth" on Blu, and you're talking about *kidney pies*??)

    Derek Janssen (perspective, people!)

    Derek Janssen, May 8, 2008

  3. Gander

    Dave Seven Guest

    Look it up if you don't believe me! I will have the last laugh.

    http://www.curryhell.com/

    Dave Seven, May 8, 2008
  4. Gander

    Dave Seven Guest

    I dare you to take the challenge.

    http://www.curryhell.com/curry_hell.php

    The Curry Hell Challenge, Curry Hell is a normal sized portion of curry
    made with chilli seeds and chilli powder served with either rice or
    chips. If you eat the full portion it is free. To give you an idea of
    how hot the Curry Hell dish is, Vindaloo is like ice cream by comparison.

    If you manage to eat the full portion of Curry Hell you will recieve a
    signed certificate from the management in recognition of your
    spectacular achievement.

    Friendly Warning !! If you become ill due to the consumption or if you
    find that you are experiencing any problems with your lover(s) then
    under no circumstances are you entitled to blame the Curry Capital or
    any member of its staff.

    A full portion of Curry Hell costs £6.95

    Dave Seven, May 8, 2008
  5. Gander

    Dave Seven Guest

    Yea, probably to rob poor tourists in rental cars.

    Dave Seven, May 8, 2008
  6. Gander

    Dave Seven Guest

    Nope, no mention of it on the menu. Some breakfast joints ruined my
    breaky too by lacing the pan fries with garlic. Nothing mentioned about
    it on the menu either. Only thing I put on roast beef is HP sauce and
    gravy.

    Dave Seven, May 8, 2008
  7. Gander

    Dave Seven Guest

    Of course that is all they use, and don't forget the HP sauce.
    Slopeheads? WTF is a slopehead?

    Dave Seven, May 8, 2008
  8. Gander

    Dave Seven Guest

    Where? I believe they are now required to cook all meats to the required
    temperature for the meat type to avoid botulism. Searing the outside
    doesn't stop anything.

    Dave Seven, May 8, 2008
  9. Gander

    Dave Seven Guest

    OK, E Coli. Both can be killers though and you certainly can't get rare
    burgers in Canada. I complained once that they over cooked my burger and
    they said it was to avoid E Coli.

    Dave Seven, May 8, 2008
  10. Gander

    Dave Seven Guest

    Roast beef and Yorkshire pud is British. You telling me you don't like
    roast beef? I would be inclined to call you a liar if you said yes.

    Dave Seven, May 8, 2008
  11. Gander

    Dave Seven Guest

    True, and I do like Burger King on occasion but it is far from culinary
    cuisine. I also like British foods like steak and kidney pie, pork pie,
    Cornish pasties etc. Even more so than greasy burgers from Burger King.
    Eating British food is a treat for me so don't understand all the hate
    it gets.

    Dave Seven, May 8, 2008
  12. Gander

    harikeo Guest

    They were serving raw beef on BBC2 the night before last. Not a shop I
    know but all they did was sear it for a few seconds.

    harikeo, May 8, 2008
  13. Gander

    Dave Seven Guest

    Both 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later do that better than I Am Legend.

    Dave Seven, May 8, 2008
  14. Oh yeah, now you're talking. HP Sauce on a traditional breakfast is a
    MUST!

    (FWIW, I wouldn't be putting HP on Beef either. Sacrilage!)

    Stephen O'Connell, May 8, 2008
  15. You quite clearly do not have a clue, bigoted prick.

    Traditional British food has had a massive resurgence in recent years, we
    have some of the best restaurants in the world in this country serving
    contemporary British food. We have allegedly the best Chef in the world
    going over to America and showing them how it should be done.

    Oh sorry I forgot you had a steak once in London many years ago and now
    you're an expert.

    Diablos Rojos, May 8, 2008
  16. That all depends... what makes a "good" car?

    Being able to go round corners helps

    Diablos Rojos, May 8, 2008
  17. It's just a shame they completely missed the whole point of the book.

    Choobs

    Sir Chewbury Gubbins, May 8, 2008
  18. Gander

    Zomoniac Guest

    There is no better hangover cure than a traditional English breakfast.
    Sausage, bacon, fried eggs, fried mushrooms, grilled tomatoes and fried
    bread. The perfect start. Although if you had one on a daily basis you'd
    struggle to live beyond 30.

    Zomoniac, May 8, 2008
  19. Gander

    Zomoniac Guest

    It doesn't even need that. A good steak should be sublime unaccompanied.
    Although I don't object to a small bit of mustard.

    Zomoniac, May 8, 2008
  20. You missed out the black pudding but,

    Stick pancakes, waffles, syrup, grits and ice cream on the same plate and
    you have a traditional American.

    Diablos Rojos, May 8, 2008