  1. Gander

    BlueBuyYoo Guest

    Deep fried Mars Bars! 'nuff said!

    BlueBuyYoo, May 7, 2008

  2. Gander

    khee mao Guest

    go to Bali and revise your postulation. 'course this would mean travelling
    beyond the borders of your inbred backwater.

    khee mao, May 7, 2008

  3. Roughly how long is the flight?

    Michael Barrymore, May 7, 2008
  4. Gander

    Chris F Guest

    lol, however being american, i doubt he'll get the reference ;)

    Chris F, May 7, 2008
  5. Gander

    Steve Irving Guest

    I'm in Phoenix Arizona........don't know where you would start the journey.

    You're more than welcome to come for a visit, we like it when the Canadians and
    Japanese spend money here too.......

    Steve Irving, May 7, 2008
  6. Gander

    Steve Irving Guest

    How did I do???

    Steve Irving, May 7, 2008
  7. Gander

    Chris F Guest

    google Michael Barrymore and swimming pools.

    :)

    Chris F, May 7, 2008
  8. Gander

    FatBytestard Guest

    Bob's your uncle!

    FatBytestard, May 7, 2008
  9. Gander

    Chris F Guest

    and possibly also your older brother if you're from the Highlands!

    Chris F, May 7, 2008
  10. Gander

    Steve Irving Guest

    So.....um......did Stuart Lubbock have a position at the Ministry of Funny
    Walks??????

    Steve Irving, May 7, 2008
  11. Gander

    GMAN Guest

    Damn I got hooked on fish and chips and curry when i went on vacation to
    England with my family as a teenager!!!!!!!!!

    I cant cook fries at home anymore without making up some yellow curry to coat
    my fries in!

    GMAN, May 7, 2008
  12. Gander

    Telstar Guest

    Everything Cadbury is crap.

    Even Altoids left the UK...you have no taste.

    Telstar, May 7, 2008
  13. Gander

    Telstar Guest

    That is stupid. The products would die! That is what looms for Blu Ray.

    Telstar, May 7, 2008
  14. Gander

    RichGK Guest

    Nope, you can still buy Altoids all over the place.

    If you walk into your typical English high street newsagents and buy
    chocolate it will be the cadburys / mars type of faux chocolate that
    consists of 50% vegetable fat, 25% milk and about 15% chocolate . etc

    If you go into Waitrose and check out *their* chocolate section you
    will find about 30 different makes of chocolate bars none of which are
    the high street brands. They all contain variations between 15% to 85%
    chocolate and are infinitely superior and often dont contain vegetable
    fat.

    They cost though but you get what you pay for. Same as any food in the
    UK. If you pay cheap you will eat the cheap crap.

    RichGK, May 7, 2008
  15. Gander

    Zomoniac Guest

    Isn't Cajun cooking native to America? But yes, when I think American
    food I think of a great big steak, chargrilled and quite rare. Basically
    a French dish without the sauce.

    Zomoniac, May 7, 2008
  16. Gander

    Zomoniac Guest

    But do you like American chocolate? Whilst I wouldn't argue that our
    stuff pales in comparison to the best that Switzerland, Belgium and bits
    of South America have to offer, my experience of American chocolate is
    the widely available stuff like Hersheys which tastes like soap and
    tastes the same as the shite chocolate we put in our advent calenders.

    Zomoniac, May 7, 2008
  17. Gander

    Zomoniac Guest

    Do Britain actually make cars anymore? Now that Jag, Aston and TVR have
    jumped ship, Rover have died and RR get most of their bits from Germany,
    aren't American cars better by default by virtue of actually existing?

    Although the McLaren F1 is British, which is better than any car America
    have produced. Although it's the only one!

    Zomoniac, May 7, 2008
  18. Gander

    Zomoniac Guest

    Gotta love that American grammar. It's "maths". You can't abbreviate a
    plural into a singular, it doesn't make sense. See also "I could care
    less", which means the exact opposite of "I couldn't care less", which
    is what is meant.

    Zomoniac, May 7, 2008
  19. Gander

    Tom Guest

    "Maths" is almost a purely British usage, not American. Math (in
    American is mathematics) is appropriate for the use intended. First of
    all, he was referring to the one equation used, not all mathematics in
    general, and the fact that he used a singular pronoun "that" (not
    those). It's funny too, because I see a lot of British refer to MS
    (Microsoft) as plural, when it is a singular company. Example, "MS are
    (instead of "is") not the maker of all gaming consoles". I guess they
    translate the "S" in MS as meaning plural.

    Tom, May 7, 2008
  20. Gander

    Zomoniac Guest

    I think it's because people see it as a sort of collective singular, or
    something. I know it's incorrect, but I would say "England are winning",
    rather than "England is winning" (or at least I would if England ever
    won), as a) it rolls off the tongue better and b) most people see it as
    a group of players rather than a singular team. Same with companies.
    "Microsoft are trying to buy out Yahoo" gives me mental images of people
    in a boardroom negotiating, whereas "Microsoft is trying to buy out
    Yahoo" doesn't. The "are" makes it seem more personal and easy to relate to.

    But yes, it is wrong. As is the use of "data" as a singular, but people
    still use it.

    Zomoniac, May 7, 2008